Texas Fishing Forum

Carp Season

Posted By: Capt. Mac

Carp Season - 05/31/22 02:37 AM

I have caught Carp as early as mid March on the flats of my home lake. But, for me, the unofficially official start to "Carp season" starts after Memorial Day weekend. I like the heat. Catching Carp with long pants, shoes and a jacket on just doesn't feel right to me. If it's too cold to go out on my skiff in shorts and barefooted, it's too cold out. So June, July and August are my favorite months for poling the flats for Carp, as well as Gar, Drum and a few other species that frequent the flats. To commemorate the unofficially official start to the season I did a pencil drawing - "Carp Turning On A Backstabber." (fly). So, to all you guys that are chasing Carp on the fly, go get 'um.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Carp Season - 05/31/22 02:57 AM

WOW, Incredible!!! You are talented. clap
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Carp Season - 05/31/22 03:04 AM

Another great work of art Capt!!! Need to get you and formula462 together on the wood side of art.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Carp Season - 05/31/22 11:34 AM

I have a great respect for people that can draw. I do ok catching fish, drawing them not so much. Thanks for sharing. Carp really fight hard.
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Carp Season - 05/31/22 05:56 PM

J-Moe and Osborn - I don't consider myself an artist, just stubborn. Sometimes I get lucky and they turn out the way I want them to. But, thank you. Your righ.t Osborn. They do fight hard

Robert - Thanks my man! Does formula do some woodworking?
Posted By: didja getny

Re: Carp Season - 06/01/22 01:44 AM

You are an artist with a pencil, with a camera and with a fly rod. Cheers my friend!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Carp Season - 06/01/22 07:47 PM

Nicely done! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum