Texas Fishing Forum

Places to wade in North Fort Worth

Posted By: ntxcjw

Places to wade in North Fort Worth - 12/28/21 11:52 PM

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for some small creeks (really any body of water smile ) to wade and throw the fly around.

Thanks !
Posted By: Todd13

Re: Places to wade in North Fort Worth - 12/30/21 03:42 AM

I am a fly angler in Denton and wonder what folks will post up also.

I have fished the Paluxy (Glen Rose) for panfish and small bass; I've waded the Brazos in a couple of sections with mixed results and ponds. Oh and Hickory Creek when the Sand Bass run.

I just bought a used a kayak to open up more fishing opportunities.

Honestly, I sneak down to C TX and fish for guads, but don't tell anyone please.
Posted By: Golfer Jeff

Re: Places to wade in North Fort Worth - 12/30/21 06:31 PM

just take the dog out....
Posted By: Todd13

Re: Places to wade in North Fort Worth - 12/31/21 02:18 PM

Come on Jeff, why didn't you post up when the state stocks ponds around DFW with those rainbows? I bet you and Shadow love that.

Re: Places to wade in North Fort Worth - 01/04/22 01:05 PM

Thanks Todd, I will check those places out. I am coming conventional side and really enjoy getting out on the kayak. Do you plan on using a stripping basket when you are on the kayak?
Posted By: T- Gil

Re: Places to wade in North Fort Worth - 01/04/22 06:19 PM

Have you tried the Trinity?
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Places to wade in North Fort Worth - 01/10/22 07:55 PM

I live in Denton as well, and it's a little ... shall we say ... low on places to step into the water and give it a go. There were better days along the Trinity in the 380 Greenbelt, but the USACE managed to destroy that fun. If you're good for a road trip, PK below the Dam could be a good fix. Just go the back way to get there though - so much more relaxing!

Re: Places to wade in North Fort Worth - 01/17/22 07:51 PM

Hey T-Gil, I have not, what part of the Trinity do you normally wade?
Posted By: T- Gil

Re: Places to wade in North Fort Worth - 01/18/22 03:13 PM

Bryant Irvin has good access as well as Bellaire and down behind the post office where Hulen crosses.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum