Texas Fishing Forum

Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha.

Posted By: Robert Hunter

Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/04/21 12:50 AM

Well one of the strangest things I’ve seen. I guess somebody took out a nasty pig and left behind some little piglets they found out that people at a river camp enjoying the fall will feed them. these things were almost like pets! If I thought I could’ve tricked one down to the bank of the river I would’ve shot it as it would’ve been legal would’ve been good eating. Anyway as they were funny and I didn’t have to work today. we made our way up the river we found fish stacked on top of each other right on the channel drop offIn 8 to 12 feet of water. Let’s just say we were way up river I cropped the graph to take out the GPS coordinates popcorn bolt I was shocked this late in the year but birds were diving and fish were surfacing everywhere this morning early it’s going to be another fantastic year all the rain we had early last year I thought it would be a lot lower but the river is only down about 6 inches. We did not fish but about a hard two hours and we got rained on another hour but the fish are already wet.We manage 25 to 30 Striper all but about three or over 18 inches with the biggest going 22. Get out and get you some. Also those silly pigs had not moved 50 feet when we pulled out they were laying around right next to a campsite waiting to get fed lol.[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/04/21 02:14 AM

If those are feral they are fed really, really well. I too would be tempted to put 1 or 2 of those fatties in the freezer. thumb Good fish btw!

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/04/21 02:18 AM

We talked to several of the campers there at the campsite they had been coming into camp every day and I’ve been feeding them so yes they’re eating very good I don’t know how feral they could be considered now because you could get within 3 feet of them! And thanks for the compliments on the fish they were all cookie cutters from 18 to 22 inches that is a fun size striper
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/04/21 04:58 AM

As always. Great post and solid fish. Good job. thumb
Posted By: cob

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/04/21 05:04 AM

Good trip. I’ve been anxiously awaiting some fly fishing reports. They have been missed.
Posted By: iluvfishin

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/06/21 05:08 PM

Seen those same pigs at the ramp yesterday roflmao

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/06/21 05:13 PM

Yes they Definitely found a Home at Camp. I didn’t take a flyrod yesterday we had three in the boat.Lost two really big fish that pulled the hook.

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/06/21 08:23 PM

You HAVE TO HAVE SINK LINE AND GRAPH FOR THIS! If you know where it is though the fish are only at 10 feet of water but you’ve got to get down to that it’s right at the top of the lip of the main river channel.All the acting fish or feeding right there.
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/07/21 08:48 PM

I still dig the beard.
Posted By: Mo

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/07/21 09:06 PM

Look like potbellies to me.

MO

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/08/21 10:29 PM

Yes dog guys are training bay dogs with pots or pot mixThey are definitely Tam Farrell

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/11/21 07:41 PM

Need full sink for sure when they get up on top still easy to hit. Went conventional the other day three deep in the boat is tuff on the fly. Most fish 8.5-12 fow. 10 being the magic number. May go tomorrow we killed them January last year on the coldest days being best. Hitting the blue next week for trout again.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Well striped fish are already in the rivers!!!!also the three little pigs haha. - 12/12/21 12:45 AM

Nice fish! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum