Texas Fishing Forum

The Jewels of Duck Creek

Posted By: Capt. Mac

The Jewels of Duck Creek - 03/14/21 05:14 AM

I got out of bed this morning with no real intensions of going fishing. I had a long list of chores to do around the house and the weather was looking kind of dicey for going out on the lake in a jon boat. i can handle some fairly rough water but my wife said the news said something about possible thunderstorms, hail, tornadoes, solar flares and maybe an asteroid. So, when it comes to lightning, I'm out. The truth is, I just wasn't in the mood to go out in the boat. But after my camp trip with Linecaster and our discussions about our love for Bluegills I decided that, after knocking out a chunk of my list, I deserved a break and know a little creek five miles from my house. Its a small, unassuming slice outside of town but it has some flowing water and fish. including Bass, Bluegills and the occasional small Sand Bass. The Bluegills are hard to catch. Not that they are spooky, wiley or big but, the fact that they are little. Some so little they have a hard time eating a size 14 hairs ear. But what they lack in size they make up for in beauty. The real fun in catching one is just to see what colors its going to show. I do fish for bigger, flashier fish but I'm always drawn back to these little gems of color. Its also low key, relaxing. You don't need big boats, fancy equipment or even a lot of time and money. I can't think of very many things as relaxing as walking a creek, looking at nature, wildlife and lazily casting a small fly for these gorgeous little jewels.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: The Jewels of Duck Creek - 03/14/21 10:58 AM

My kind of fishing, only with an ultralight. cheers coolphotos Nice fish, and an awesome post. Nicely done. thumb
Posted By: cob

Re: The Jewels of Duck Creek - 03/14/21 12:54 PM

Great photos and story. I look forward to your posts.

Re: The Jewels of Duck Creek - 03/14/21 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by cob
Great photos and story. I look forward to your posts.

Thanks cob! I sometimes wonder if anyone ever actually looks at this stuff.
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: The Jewels of Duck Creek - 03/15/21 03:17 AM

Fantastic pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: The Jewels of Duck Creek - 03/15/21 05:39 PM

The trusty 4 weight strikes again? Love your picture's and story line. Fun is fun and it's fishing too.I dabbled in a friends pond over the weekend too. Caught six bass from tiny to 2 lb and one Bue Gill in breeding colors.

Re: The Jewels of Duck Creek - 03/16/21 07:08 AM

Osbornefishing - Thank you sir! It is appreciated.

Linecaster - Yes sir, the ol' 4 weight. I would love to get back together soon and take you Bluegill fishing at Lake Bridgeport in my boat. Bridgeport has some pretty Bluegill and Bass fishing on the fly.
Posted By: Linecaster

Re: The Jewels of Duck Creek - 03/16/21 01:00 PM

Thank-you Capt Mac, anytime after this coming weekend I would love to join you.
Posted By: mrbelvetron

Re: The Jewels of Duck Creek - 03/24/21 07:03 PM

Did you take that ammonite home? It'd look good in the garden!

Re: The Jewels of Duck Creek - 03/24/21 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by mrbelvetron
Did you take that ammonite home? It'd look good in the garden!

As a matter of fact i did. My wife is still looking for "the perfect spot" in our butterfly garden for it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum