Texas Fishing Forum

Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing

Posted By: NIOnTheFly

Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing - 11/18/20 05:14 PM

Hello All,

Was up on the Guadalupe yesterday looking for some hold over trout, river level was low 55cfs and very bright. Was wading at Rio Guadalupe and the dam access with not even a sighting of a fish. Just wanted to see if anyone has good tips on either public or paid access for this time of year for some deep spots where they are hanging out. Water temperature seemed good. Any advice welcomed as I'm not used to the area.
Thanks
Stephen

Did catch this monster though.

Attached picture Screenshot_20201118-101946_VLC.jpg

Re: Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing - 11/24/20 06:43 PM

bump

Or does no one want to give up secret locations smile feel free to private message me the secret locations cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing - 11/29/20 03:44 AM

Love that river. It will not be long until there will be plenty of trout in that river. thumb
Posted By: ZeroHour

Re: Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing - 12/09/20 09:31 PM

Where near Schertz is there area to fish? I grew up slinging flies for salmon in the north east and a bit in colorado for trout etc. My gf wants to learn and I have some light weight stuff as well. I just want to teach her how to sling a rod before taking her out to the salt for stuff this summer. Just want to give her a chance to have fun and get bit. We have kayaks as well though they are PA14s. We arent looking to hurt anyones spots etc but if anyone is willing to share id be grateful. Heck I have an offshore boat we can trade a trip sometime.
Posted By: ZeroHour

Re: Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing - 12/09/20 09:32 PM

Where near Schertz is there area to fish? I grew up slinging flies for salmon in the north east and a bit in colorado for trout etc. My gf wants to learn and I have some light weight stuff as well. I just want to teach her how to sling a rod before taking her out to the salt for stuff this summer. Just want to give her a chance to have fun and get bit. We have kayaks as well though they are PA14s. We arent looking to hurt anyones spots etc but if anyone is willing to share id be grateful. Heck I have an offshore boat we can trade a trip sometime.

Re: Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing - 12/11/20 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by ZeroHour

If you are used to salmon in the north east and Colorado trout in my opinion guadalupe is the closest thing to that sort of fly fishing in Texas. They release tiddlers in local ponds, I feel sorry for the fish mainly, cloudy water and bass to gobbble them up.

I've been fly fishing since I was 10yr old in Northern Ireland, Guadalupe is really good fishing, clear cool water, deep spots. probably next step is sea trout. Don't really wanna get flesh eating bacteria though haha..

I'm just not local to that Area 3+ hr drive so don't get the chance to scope out good spots. L and l camp ground was good early in the year. Other times I went i didnt know where the deep spots are so only caught "crappy" i think they are called.. I guess they are called that because you are after something decent and they are crappy hahaha.
Posted By: Bass fro chop

Re: Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing - 12/18/20 07:20 AM

rio should be good.

Re: Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing - 12/26/20 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Bass fro chop
rio should be good.

thumb seeing some good video action from there, I'll have to make it my new years resolution
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing - 01/26/21 05:53 PM

Has anyone been fishing the Guadalupe lately. (Fishing Report) Wanting to make some plans to get down there.

Re: Nov 17 2020 - Guadalupe Fly fishing - 02/25/21 08:48 PM

Not for a few weeks now, hoping to get out there again soon
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum