Texas Fishing Forum

Blue River

Posted By: Capt. Mac

Blue River - 11/03/20 08:26 PM

My buddy Nate and i hit the Blue River Sunday. Nate has a trip to Colorado coming up in a couple of weeks that will involve a day of trout fishing on the South Platte. So, we decided to make an "equipment test" run. I figured the day was way to pretty to do much good but at least Nate could get some practice tying knots, rigging up tandem flies and casting to current seams. We didn't keep count but we guessed that we landed about thirty between the two of us, including a nice fifteen inch fish on a size 20 Zebra midge. We also caught fish on size twelve olive and tan bead head hairs ears, size twelve and sixteen green brassies and one on a size 18 red brassie. Dont think the pattern made any difference. Just a good, drag free drift in the right place and you would get hit. I usually shy away from from bright, sunny days but we got lucky this day.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: skeeter22

Re: Blue River - 11/03/20 08:48 PM

👍
Posted By: Osbornfishing

Re: Blue River - 11/03/20 09:11 PM

Wow, beautiful area, great pictures, and nice fish.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Blue River - 11/04/20 04:33 AM

Awesome post and pics! Thanks for sharing clap
Posted By: fshng84

Re: Blue River - 11/04/20 11:19 PM

Awesome! Had a great time there Saturday...

Blue River Oklahoma Fishing | First Trout Limit for 2020-2021 Season!

Sidetracked with Trout from the local ponds.... Fun time fishing the Blue River in Oklahoma. Recently stocked with Rainbow Trout, made the run across the border from Texas to Oklahoma for a go at the trout. Olive Near Deere and Tandem Rigged flies seemed to get a strike or two... after yours truly shook off the missed strikes and hooksets. Good thing I got my mojo back and was able to get a limit to start the 2020-2021 trout stocking season. Longer than normal video but add footage exploring the area near Hughes Crossing and playing with the trout in the clear water by the Low Water Crossing. Do check it out! Hope to be back for more trout fishing fun on the Blue River!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Blue River - 11/12/20 05:26 AM

coolphotos Awesome post. thumb
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Blue River - 11/13/20 02:55 AM

Blue is a gorgeous place. Good stuff
Posted By: NIOnTheFly

Re: Blue River - 11/18/20 06:22 PM

Looks great,How far across the boarder is that?
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Blue River - 11/18/20 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by NIOnTheFly

About an hour.

Re: Blue River - 11/18/20 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Floon Swenson

About an hour.

thanks

So a decent drive from the Houston area then?
Posted By: TexasZman

Re: Blue River - 11/18/20 07:52 PM

I"m in McKinney. It's about an hour and 45 minutes for me.

Re: Blue River - 11/18/20 08:53 PM

Nice looking river great pics!
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Blue River - 11/20/20 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Floon Swenson

About an hour.

thanks

So a decent drive from the Houston area then?

Oh yeah, 7 hours maybe. It's a nice place, though. Great camping.
Posted By: I FISH 4

Re: Blue River - 11/28/20 02:56 PM

is there places to stay.???
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Blue River - 11/28/20 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by I FISH 4
is there places to stay.???

Check out the Blue River Campground.
Posted By: Beak47

Re: Blue River - 11/28/20 07:01 PM

Not sure where your buddy is gonna fish on the South Platte but I fished it near Deckers many years ago! Lots of good fish in it back then!
Posted By: fray

Re: Blue River - 12/01/20 10:36 PM

Classic pictures!
Posted By: I FISH 4

Re: Blue River - 12/10/20 11:42 PM

Any cabin in the area to stay.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Blue River - 12/11/20 03:51 PM

Couple in Tish and a couple of motels there. Maybe some in Sulphur but that is 30 minutes away.
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: Blue River - 12/11/20 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by I FISH 4
Any cabin in the area to stay.

Bed and breakfast
Posted By: fshng84

Re: Blue River - 01/20/21 09:54 PM

Blue River Oklahoma Fishing | First Trout Limit for 2021!

FYI: Bite is still on at the Blue River in Oklahoma.

Fun time fishing the Blue River in Oklahoma. Made the run across the border from Texas to Oklahoma for a go at the trout in 2020. This trip is the first one for us in 2021 and it did not disappoint.

Much colder than last time with ice forming on rod guides in the morning. The bite was steady but strikes were extremely light... luckily, we had the right fishing fly - a Pat's Rubber Leg variant tied by Zach Flatt and available at Scotty's Blue River One Stop.

Fished an olive and a cream pattern with the olive being the preferred this trip. Key take away... fish it using a dead drift, use a small indicator like the Corq version, and set the hook at any hesitation in the drift.

Do check back for more videos, this one was a fun one to do... especially when a limit of trout was had!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Blue River - 01/24/21 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by fshng84
Blue River Oklahoma Fishing | First Trout Limit for 2021!

FYI: Bite is still on at the Blue River in Oklahoma.

Fun time fishing the Blue River in Oklahoma. Made the run across the border from Texas to Oklahoma for a go at the trout in 2020. This trip is the first one for us in 2021 and it did not disappoint.

Much colder than last time with ice forming on rod guides in the morning. The bite was steady but strikes were extremely light... luckily, we had the right fishing fly - a Pat's Rubber Leg variant tied by Zach Flatt and available at Scotty's Blue River One Stop.

Fished an olive and a cream pattern with the olive being the preferred this trip. Key take away... fish it using a dead drift, use a small indicator like the Corq version, and set the hook at any hesitation in the drift.

Do check back for more videos, this one was a fun one to do... especially when a limit of trout was had!

Nice post and enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum