Texas Fishing Forum

euro nymphing LMF

Posted By: I FISH 4

euro nymphing LMF - 06/25/20 04:44 PM

Beaver Ben State Park LMF River
This trip was for us to try our New Redington Hydrogen 4wt 11’ 6” 4pc out for euro Nymphing.
We had it match with a Redington 5wt BEHEMOTH with RIO –Fips EURO NYMPH Line w RIO 2 Tone Euro Leader with sighter with a tippet ring.
We always have a good time when we are on the road trout fishing.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

All on Nymphs this trip, plan on going back up next week.
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: euro nymphing LMF - 06/25/20 10:01 PM

I guess everyone has different opinions but I can’t imagine using a spey rod for euro nymphing. My arm hurts just thinking about it lol. That is a great river for that style fishing though. Glad you got to fish with all the tube hatches happening this time of year. We were there Thursday through Monday to have my daughters wedding. I snuck in about a hour and a half Sunday late afternoon after the rain. I’m ready for late fall and the stop log removal all ready
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: euro nymphing LMF - 06/29/20 03:54 AM

coolphotos Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. thumb

Re: euro nymphing LMF - 06/29/20 06:46 PM

FYFFI
We pick up the euro Nymphing just to take the work off our shoulder because we just happen to be a little over 70’s and fly fishing 3 or 4 day a week was getting hard.
Our Redington 3wt 11’ STRIKE and our New Hydrogen 4wt 11’ 6” is making it easier on us,
We roll cast up stream and high sticking it down to 90 deg and roll cast it again, some time we let it go down stream and flip cast back up stream. We can do this all day.
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: euro nymphing LMF - 06/29/20 10:19 PM

Just wondering what the FYFFI stands for
Posted By: T- Gil

Re: euro nymphing LMF - 06/30/20 11:52 AM

I guess I'm going to have to try trout on the fly. I've caught them on light spinning tackle, and while I like to catch anything that swims, trout just haven't really ever appealed to me much. Maybe on a fly, my opinion will change.

Re: euro nymphing LMF - 06/30/20 04:31 PM

FYFFI
For
Your
Fly
Fishing
Information
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum