Texas Fishing Forum

Broken Bow Trout Fishing

Posted By: 1Fisher77316

Broken Bow Trout Fishing - 06/08/20 07:38 PM

I know this is absolutely the wrong time to go but I'll be there this weekend for a family outing. Can anyone give a recent update as to water conditions or nymphs that have been productive? Any help at all would be appreciated.
Tight lines!
Posted By: shimanodude

Re: Broken Bow Trout Fishing - 06/09/20 05:09 AM

Haven’t been up there lately but been wanting to go soon as well. For monitoring water conditions, you can download RiverApp and search for the lower mountain fork river on there and the app supplies you with details regarding the current conditions, and graphs the conditions so you can see the changes. It’s a helpful app that will hell you decide whether it’s safe to wade or not, as it tracks water flow rate and level. Waterdata.usgs.gov has some good info on there as well if you go on and search for the mountain fork river.
Posted By: need2fish2

Re: Broken Bow Trout Fishing - 06/12/20 07:32 PM

Check out Beaver Ben Fly message board there are current reports there.
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Broken Bow Trout Fishing - 06/17/20 12:49 AM

If you wanted most current, I think we recorded that last ZOOM meeting with CURRENT information from the BendBow. Let me know if you want to watch that and I will figure out how to dig that up. Nothing more current than live reporting!
Posted By: 1Fisher77316

Re: Broken Bow Trout Fishing - 06/22/20 02:48 AM

The spillway had some decent fish but you had to walk in to get away from all the families and their float toys. Friday through Sunday was pretty crazy people wise. Caught fish Thursday where everyone was playing in the water on the weekend.
2nd spillway:??They are generating power so that spillway had white bass, stripers, and bass hitting for those throwing 1/2 oz jigs and spoons
Tight lines!!
Posted By: ps1135

Re: Broken Bow Trout Fishing - 06/22/20 07:48 PM

I was there last week. I chatted with Trey Prater(guide at beavers bend fly shop) and he said following:

"We have a lot of sulphurs and caddis coming off along with the sporadic emergence of various other mayflies. So your pheasant tails, soft hackles, and bwo emerger patterns in sizes 16-20 work best. For dry fly, can’t go wrong with an elk hair caddis or parachute Adams in same sizes as mentioned for the nymphs. Spillway creek has the least amount of tourist on the banks but evening hole through cold hole fishes well when available. Good luck and tight lines out there"

I had some luck with some small RS2s in the olive color and small pheasant tails. I mostly fished spillway creek(upper side) since the evening hole/bluffs were super crowded with people swimming and such during the week. Fishing was tough to say the least though, although still a noob here, so I was probably doing something wrong roflmao

hope this helps.

Edit: i guess im a little too late to this thread... sigh anyways leaving in case someone else needs the info.
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: Broken Bow Trout Fishing - 06/23/20 12:30 AM

There were quite a few tube hatches going on at the Bluffs Saturday morning and then you had to contend with our group which was a wedding party. People don’t move for fishermen but they were very cool about moving/waiting for my daughter to get in the river with in her dress
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum