Texas Fishing Forum

Monic fly lines

Posted By: karstopo

Monic fly lines - 01/25/20 02:32 PM

Interesting fly line. I bought a couple of spools of the Henley Phantom tip floating line. It’s all clear, but the bulk of the line is tinted green except the tip. The tip section, 15’ I think it is, is clear.

Some have reported that it’s prone to tangles, but I haven’t noticed this. It’s fishing and handling well in 60 degree water and air temperatures.

It’s hard to spot on the water, which I guess is the point of the line. I’m getting used to that characteristic. Casts well, like a line that is a bit heavy, but also good for fishing at a little more distance.

It’s not as slippery feeling as some of my other lines. This I like as it’s easier to strip set with a less slippery line.

Monic says they will give off 25% of retail price if you send in an old fly line for recycling.

I’m not a rep or have anything to do with Monic, just thought some might want to take a look at something different in the fly line world.
Posted By: karstopo

Re: Monic fly lines - 02/02/20 09:42 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Fished this line a couple times now. No negatives. One big positive is it isn’t so slippery so I can get a good grip on the line for solid strip sets. Some lines get so slippery that maintaining a good grip is really tough.
Posted By: gar1970

Re: Monic fly lines - 02/02/20 01:41 PM

Beautiful red!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum