Texas Fishing Forum

Reel Recovery

Posted By: cappyphil

Reel Recovery - 01/15/20 12:35 AM

I am a volunteer for Reel Recovery a national non-profit organization that conducts FREE fly fishing retreats for men surviving and battling cancer. Each year we conduct retreats in the Spring and Fall at Waring, Glen Rose, Broken Bow, OK. and Navasota. The retreats combine Fly Fishing instruction from experienced fly fisherman and group discussions for men to share their experiences in fighting cancer. All meals, lodging and fishing equipment is provided at NO CHARGE to the participants. Anyone interested in attending a retreat can find more information at www.reelrecovery.org or info@reelrecovery.org. You can also contact me directly at phile.schneider@yahoo.com or 817-690-9938. Many of the Cancer centers in Texas have brochures and information about Reel Recovery. Ask your Dr.'s office.

Phil Schneider
Be Well! Fish On!
Posted By: hadite81

Re: Reel Recovery - 02/06/20 05:55 PM

Amazing group! I have worked in the medical field for 37 years now, specializing in cancer care. Currently do treatment planning for radiation patients (Medical Dosimetrist)
Hats off to all of you... Nice to see folks have the opportunity to relax for a short time. I am closing in on retirement and am looking for ways to fill my time in the future. Looking to do something like this and also work with disabled vets.
( USAF veteran) Keep up the good work!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum