Texas Fishing Forum

North Texas Winter Time Flies

Posted By: broncos1

North Texas Winter Time Flies - 01/05/20 01:18 AM

What are some good flies to throw during the winter time up here in the north Texas area ?
Posted By: I FISH 4

Re: North Texas Winter Time Flies - 01/05/20 01:45 PM

We are using Krystal Bugger in black and olive #4 Woolly Bugger in black and olive #4 and Leech #2 thess are for bass. We are using on our NE Texas Lakes Caddo, Pines and Lake Gilmer.
Good Luck.

FYI: DEC-MARCH Chain Pickerel are a hole lot of fun to catch on a 2# or 3# here on the East Texas Lake, Lake Dangerfield State Park is one of our top spot to go this time of the Year
Posted By: Bones72

Re: North Texas Winter Time Flies - 01/05/20 04:40 PM

I'd say clouser, cat's whisker, a weighted bass worm pattern like a jeezus lizard, or an ep baitfish pattern if your doing bass. That's what's been working in my area anyway.

Re: North Texas Winter Time Flies - 01/06/20 01:06 AM

Thanks
Posted By: MiggyFishing

Re: North Texas Winter Time Flies - 01/24/20 01:55 PM

I’ve had good luck with pond bass and crappie on size 12 olive or black woolly buggers. I tie them with lead free .015 wire for weight which gives them a nice, slow fall after a strip. My buggers also tend to come out a bit "buggier" on a size 12 because the hackle I have on hand has long fibers; no matter which feather I choose the fibers always seem to end up well past the hook point. The fish don't seem to mind. smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: North Texas Winter Time Flies - 01/25/20 12:25 AM

Very nice
Posted By: Bones72

Re: North Texas Winter Time Flies - 01/25/20 02:41 PM

Wish I could get on some crappie down here. Used to know where and when to go but much has changed here while I was gone for the past 16 years and access is not what it used to be.
Posted By: karstopo

Re: North Texas Winter Time Flies - 01/25/20 05:14 PM

Nice fish!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum