Texas Fishing Forum

Simms Flyweight Wading Boots ?

Posted By: PowerLizard

Simms Flyweight Wading Boots ? - 12/28/19 03:02 AM

Does anyone use Simms Flyweight Wading Boots with the rubber Vibram sole? Are you happy with them? I have read the reviews including those who have basically unwrapped their boxed package and tried them on in their living room.
Posted By: Canoeman1947

Re: Simms Flyweight Wading Boots ? - 12/28/19 04:22 AM

I have the older Vapor Tread series with the Vibram soles. They are among the lightest boots I have used; they are very comfortable; and they get a good grip on most surfaces. If you are wading on very slick surfaces I would recommend the use of either Simms Alumibite cleats or Rock Tread aluminum cleats. The Rock Treads should last longer and are less expensive. When my Simms cleats finally wear out, I will probably go to the Rock Treads. Over the years I have used boots from Hodgman, Cabela's, Chota,
Patagonia, Korkers, and finally Simms. So far the Simms have been the best. They are actually worth the money, which is not always something you can say about expensive items.

Larry
Posted By: Turf Dawg

Re: Simms Flyweight Wading Boots ? - 12/28/19 11:11 PM

no but I will plug my Orvis pro with the Michelin soles and posigrip studs. I was considering the Simms
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum