Texas Fishing Forum

Bryan/College Station Carp

Posted By: Alaskan_Aggie

Bryan/College Station Carp - 09/25/19 05:23 PM

I've recently been targeting carp a lot in the DFW area, but am now down in College Station. Looking to find some spots to sight cast to some commons. Any recommendations?
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Bryan/College Station Carp - 09/25/19 10:23 PM

welcome

I fly fish more than most but don't target carp that often on the fly. A big reason is most of the creeks are very dirty that feed into the Brazos and Navasota rivers. So sight casting areas around Brenham aren't that plentiful. Maybe others in College station can help you out. Welcome to the forum.

Gig'em, Class of 87
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bryan/College Station Carp - 09/26/19 03:08 AM

welcome To the TFF! cheers
Posted By: Bones72

Re: Bryan/College Station Carp - 09/26/19 01:47 PM

I would personally try further west for sight casting opportunities. Most streams I know along the I-35 corridor are fairly clear and chock full of bugle mouths. Also in the spring most of the lakes will flood up into grass at some point and the carp love to spawn on in that type of water. I know at least here on Belton and Stillhouse lakes that is the case. I think Lake Somerville would be closer to you and would offer similar possibilities.
Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Re: Bryan/College Station Carp - 10/19/19 01:32 AM

I don't really know of any good carp sight fishing around BCS other than maybe Lake Bryan. I've done it in the past when the bass fishing was poor and the carp were active in the shallows with a little success, but the rules for wade fishing lake Bryan have changed from what I've heard. The shoreline near the power plant is off limits. I honestly do not know if the carp will be shallow this time of the year.
Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Re: Bryan/College Station Carp - 10/19/19 01:34 AM

you got a yak? if so we are heading up the Yegua Saturday morning if you are interested..

J-Moe and I will be kayaking up the Yegua from the Nails Creek boat ramp on Saturday October19th. We are planning to launch around 7am. We might be a little early for the best crappie bite but history tells us that these conditions are about the best we can expect. The creek also has good numbers of black bass and catfish year-round so if any of you have been wanting to hit the creek now is the time.. join us if you can.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum