Texas Fishing Forum

Down on the Creek with Sneaky Pete

Posted By: Bones72

Down on the Creek with Sneaky Pete - 08/22/19 02:46 PM

Well went down to the creek this morning. After seeing the report from the Brazos and one on another board I got the gumption to go and see how the green fish were fairing in the heat. Well the spotted bass were there in their usual abundance and as eager as ever to take a fly. They were chasing minnows and tadpoles and whatever even dimpled the surface. Water was warm I felt know real change stepping from the 78 degree air into the water at 0645 in the morning. One of the springs had no visible discharge while the other two I have found seemed to bubbling just as hard but that could be due to the water being at least two foot down from where I had seen it first in June. Only had one largemouth of any size take and he came on a #4 Zonker. Still can't manage to get them in. I bumped up to a 12lb leader with 10lb tippet and watched him rub me along a limestone shelf to pop the line as if he knew exactly what he was doing.
It's hot I mean real hot especially since I am used to the much cooler much drier air of Colorado. I am hoping Texas weather goes how I remember it. I would get excited about breaking out the shotgun for dove season and then either on the opener or a few days Here's to hoping. Also hoping that there is a fall bite somewhere in the state for some good fishing. The coast, the creeks, the lake doesn't matter much just want something. [Linked Image]
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Down on the Creek with Sneaky Pete - 08/24/19 04:40 AM

Nice post and fish. Good job. cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum