Texas Fishing Forum

Paluxy

Posted By: Mitt78

Paluxy - 08/19/19 02:38 AM

I’m thinking of taking this Friday off and fishing the Paluxy for the entire day or till I’m out of flys. From what I hear its moving fairly good at the 1001 crossing. I plan on starting in the state park in and hit a few places that have been good for me in the past. If anyone is up for some good wade fishing let me know.
Posted By: Glitchmo

Re: Paluxy - 08/19/19 03:08 AM

20-30 CFC is good. It’ll be hot in the afternoon though, and the water gets kinda gross. Fish upstream of the park in the afternoon if you want clear water.
Posted By: Mitt78

Re: Paluxy - 08/19/19 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Glitchmo
20-30 CFC is good. It’ll be hot in the afternoon though, and the water gets kinda gross. Fish upstream of the park in the afternoon if you want clear water.

That’s part of my plan. I figure with most kids in school the water should be too bad. I also want to try upstream of the damn at big rocks. I have seen some good sized fish there.
Posted By: McKinneyLonghorn

Re: Paluxy - 08/19/19 04:10 AM

I was there a few weeks ago. As always it was a mix of sunfish, largemouth and spotted bass, largely on foam topwater bugs.

Sadly, the river was looking pretty trashy due to all the use it gets in the summer (not just going to blame swimmers, since in addition to lots and lots of beer cans there was plenty of fishing waste as well). If you have the room, take an empty bag to pack out some trash. I guarantee you it will be full at the end of the day. I haven't heard any updates, but Gabe who used to be at the Dallas Orvis store is trying to get a river cleanup planned for late September or early October. If it happens, I'll post it here beforehand
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum