Texas Fishing Forum

Gunny Gorge

Posted By: BoPro

Gunny Gorge - 07/21/19 12:14 AM

Survived 3 days on the gunny. Man what a trip. Beautiful scenery, perfect weather, and great trout fishing!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Lottfisher

Re: Gunny Gorge - 07/21/19 06:30 PM

I fish the Gunnison every year, on river road between Pleasure Park and Austin. Where did you put in Chukar trail, and where was the take out. Did you go with an outfitter? Sorry for all the questions, but your trip is one I have been wanting to do for a long time, and I am jealous...Lawton
Posted By: BoPro

Re: Gunny Gorge - 07/21/19 07:08 PM

No worries. We went with Dvorak Expeditions. Mark Richardson was the head guide for the 3 day trip down the gorge. He's an excellent guide, and man did he work to set up camps, and put on us lots of fish. The flow was about 1250 cfs higher than optimal, but we probably missed more fish that we landed. smile They packed everything down Chukar Trail the night before and we met at Pleasure Park the morning of the launch. They drove us down to the Chuker trailhead, were we hiked down with our personal gear. Once we got to the bottom, they rigged up the boats and it was on! We floated all the way back to Pleasure park for the take out. About 14 miles.
Posted By: Lottfisher

Re: Gunny Gorge - 07/22/19 03:13 PM

Thanks for the details. The blue Mesa reservoir is about full (a big change from last year at this time) so I'm guessing Gunnison flow rates will be high for a while. There are some areas in Northern NM that I want to fish this year, maybe in combination with the Gunnison and lakes on Grand Mesa, just need a couple of guys to go with and split cost...Lawton
Posted By: didja getny

Re: Gunny Gorge - 07/23/19 02:36 AM

Awesome BoPro!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Gunny Gorge - 07/23/19 03:59 AM

Awesome post and coolphotos Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: Golfer Jeff

Re: Gunny Gorge - 07/25/19 06:57 PM

I have heard those Hofer cross rainbows are doing very well in the gorge. Your pic shows that.
Posted By: R&K

Re: Gunny Gorge - 08/28/19 11:41 PM

Great pics, been wanting to fish the gorge...maybe next summer. Thanks for sharing
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum