Texas Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Partner

Posted By: MiggyFishing

Fly Fishing Partner - 01/06/19 09:26 PM

Hey all,

I’m a new Texan, just moved here in August from New Jersey, and somewhat new to fly fishing (I started last summer). I only own a 4wt rod and usually target panfish such as all sunfish species and crappie. Haven’t targeted stocked trout but up for that too. Don’t own kayak/boat nor waders so I’m strictly a bank fisher (for now anyway!).. Being new here and fairly new to fly fishing, figured it would be cool to try meet up with some of y’all to learn more about the fishing patterns here, having come from a very different environment, and just have some fun while learning more about fly fishing in general. Adventuring out alone so far has been a bit difficult. I live in the Frisco area and am limited to weekend fishing, at least until we get more daylight, so if anyone wants go fishin’ let me know or shoot me a PM. smile
Posted By: formula462

Re: Fly Fishing Partner - 01/07/19 12:01 AM

In sure you can search out a local fly group. Most of our areas have one or two, good luck .
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Fly Fishing Partner - 01/07/19 12:14 AM

Welcome aboard! welcome
Posted By: Gamblingman

Re: Fly Fishing Partner - 01/10/19 08:40 PM

I suggest going to the Dallas Flyfishers meeting.
Posted By: texasflycaster

Re: Fly Fishing Partner - 01/23/19 12:37 AM

Heck! I suggest you go to Fort Worth Fly Fishers meeting! Or better yet, just go fishing!
Posted By: TKMacGraw

Re: Fly Fishing Partner - 01/31/19 11:20 PM

I'd say this board is the single best place to find a fishing buddy. Keep at it and it'll happen. TK
Posted By: Robert Hunter

Re: Fly Fishing Partner - 02/13/19 11:31 PM

Get on google earth and start hitting some creeks with a clouser and a woolly bugger with you. You’ll probably run onto someone on here. Creeks feeding the lakes are about to be loaded with sandbass everywhere. Find access points on the maps
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum