Texas Fishing Forum

Casting Discussion - Thurs 6:00 Allen Cabela's

Posted By: RexW

Casting Discussion - Thurs 6:00 Allen Cabela's - 12/02/18 04:13 AM

Hello Everyone, this is an invitation to join me at this week’s Collin County Fly Fishers meeting Thursday, December 6, at 6:00 pm at the Allen Cabela’s. We will be talking about fly casting at this month’s meeting. Visitors are welcome to join us!

We will discuss different casting techniques and different casting styles. We will slow down and pause several casting videos to discuss different elements of a cast. We will also discuss what to look for when watching someone cast or when analyzing a video of your own casting.

The goal is to offer some tips to help you improve your casting to allow you to be more efficient when you are on the water fishing. We will have something for all casting skill levels.

I hope you’ll come join us!

A "Rusty Rat" hat pin tied in patriotic colors will go home with someone Thursday evening. laugh

[Linked Image]
Posted By: txww

Re: Casting Discussion - Thurs 6:00 Allen Cabela's - 12/03/18 12:18 AM

Collin County Fly Fishers?

Re: Casting Discussion - Thurs 6:00 Allen Cabela's - 12/03/18 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by txww
Collin County Fly Fishers?

Yep, they're fairly new. They started as a Project Healing Waters group that started meeting regularly to tie flies and they developed into a full fly fishing club. They joined the FFI a month or two ago. That's about all that I know. smile

Come join us Thursday and meet this new group. laugh
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Casting Discussion - Thurs 6:00 Allen Cabela's - 12/06/18 07:00 PM

Sounds fun, hoping to see you there tonight.
Are you meeting in that room by checkout registers and food court?

Re: Casting Discussion - Thurs 6:00 Allen Cabela's - 12/06/18 08:15 PM

Yes, we're supposed to be in the conference room near the cash registers.
Posted By: Ocelot

Re: Casting Discussion - Thurs 6:00 Allen Cabela's - 12/07/18 07:49 PM

Great job last night!
Between demo, videos and talk all the pieces came together nicely allowing me to see correct form, identify common issues and how to solve them.
All done in a manner which was easy to understand and remember.
Your presentation should make a big difference in my casting.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum