Texas Fishing Forum

Lowbrow Pilot Point Texas Reopening Friday

Posted By: texasflycaster

Lowbrow Pilot Point Texas Reopening Friday - 08/09/18 03:39 PM

Fellow fly fishers in North Texas:

I figure this relates to fly fishing because it’s so close to some of the best carp flats (ok, THE BEST) in Texas. Lowbrows, located right off the Pilot Point Square, is about to reopen after the passing of the previous owner of that fine establishment. If you have not been to Lowbrows, it is a step back in time - a shotgun style saloon, dominoes at the ready, and a place where live music jams can breakout just about any time. It'll be interesting to see if the new folks can live up to, some would say live down to, the previous administration. I know I'll be there, and I'll buy you a beer (1 beer!) if you come up to me and introduce yourself. For those of you I already know - you're on your own!

Here's the MAP - https://goo.gl/maps/jxEUn6h6sA92

Re: Lowbrow Pilot Point Texas Reopening Friday - 08/10/18 09:09 PM

Bo RING.
Posted By: Fly Fishing Scout

Re: Lowbrow Pilot Point Texas Reopening Friday - 08/11/18 02:43 AM

LOL

Re: Lowbrow Pilot Point Texas Reopening Friday - 09/07/18 01:26 AM

There's also the huge Armadillo Ale Works down by the tracks in Denton, but I bet I couldn't find anyone here to buy a beer either. Too bad. Was thinking about tying flies there on a regular night on a regular basis, but oh well ...
Posted By: Capt. Mac

Re: Lowbrow Pilot Point Texas Reopening Friday - 09/07/18 04:08 AM

I'd be in on the fly tying but i work evening's
Posted By: Mitt78

Re: Lowbrow Pilot Point Texas Reopening Friday - 09/07/18 06:12 PM

Originally Posted By: texasflycaster
There's also the huge Armadillo Ale Works down by the tracks in Denton, but I bet I couldn't find anyone here to buy a beer either. Too bad. Was thinking about tying flies there on a regular night on a regular basis, but oh well ...

If Denton wasn't too far for me I would be up for some beer and fly tying. I just picked up a lot of fly tying material and tools that I am itching to use.

Re: Lowbrow Pilot Point Texas Reopening Friday - 09/14/18 04:47 AM

Yeah. Well it is also a long way from Denton to ... well ... anywhere. I think all of North Texas is tired of driving actually.

Re: Lowbrow Pilot Point Texas Reopening Friday - 09/19/18 03:23 PM

So the strange thing is; I continue to come across fly fishing folks at the Isle Du Bois boat ramp on a regular basis, and there are benefits*. On Monday, I thought I would get out and work on a story on Capt. Mac, and sure enough, not one, but TWO guys were there to fish and FLY FISH. One has a nice Blue Wave shallow salt boat, and the other has a nicely done jon boat - properly stickered-up with all means of fly stickers. Talked to both, and if you guys are reading this - I know you are curious about flies (because you said so). SO, Isle Du Bois is five minutes from Pilot Point, and thirty minutes after Denton - so I am drafting you into the "Dirty Denton Fly Tiers Armada!" No that is not a real name ...
*One new Ray Roberts friend handed me a Hardy Zenith 1-piece 7wt. the other day.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum