Texas Fishing Forum

Near Wimberley This Weekend - Suggestions

Posted By: ZachW

Near Wimberley This Weekend - Suggestions - 07/09/18 01:35 PM

I'll be staying at a house on the Blanco this weekend outside Wimberley. We'll be on foot, and I know the Blanco has some unique land restrictions, so we'll plan to do some driving if needed.

Any suggestions for good fishing within an hour of Wimberley? I know the Guadalupe above and below Canyon Lake is good. What about the Blanco or Little Blanco further upstream?
Posted By: Mitt78

Re: Near Wimberley This Weekend - Suggestions - 07/09/18 02:26 PM

5 mile dam park just north of San Marcos backs up to the Blanco so river access is easy. It’s been years since I fished it so I can’t give you much info on the water level.
Posted By: Jim Ford

Re: Near Wimberley This Weekend - Suggestions - 07/09/18 05:23 PM

Plenty of fish and access right up the road at Blanco State Park.
Posted By: Salty_Addict

Re: Near Wimberley This Weekend - Suggestions - 07/09/18 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Mitt78
5 mile dam park just north of San Marcos backs up to the Blanco so river access is easy. It’s been years since I fished it so I can’t give you much info on the water level.

Not sure if the recent rain helped enough but 5 mile dam has been a bone dry desert for a few months now.
Posted By: twstephens77

Re: Near Wimberley This Weekend - Suggestions - 07/09/18 08:06 PM

My brother and I tried the bridge at Fischer Store Rd after hearing that there was access there, but we found it to be closed. Couldn't find anywhere to access the water outside the state park, which stinks bc the water looks amazing.
Posted By: ZachW

Re: Near Wimberley This Weekend - Suggestions - 07/11/18 11:52 AM

Thanks guys. Looks like we got a little water with the rain, so that should help. I can't imagine we can't drop in someplace on a crossing upstream of Wimberley, right?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum