Texas Fishing Forum

Waders????

Posted By: broncos1

Waders???? - 04/24/18 05:49 PM

What are the best waders? Figured with it warming up I wont need any but for next year.....
Posted By: MassAction

Re: Waders???? - 04/24/18 06:24 PM

Best waders? Simms G3 or Patagonia, but they're also crazy expensive, especially for something you wear for just 2-3 months out of the year here in Texas.

A pair of breathable stocking foot waders from Cabelas or Magellan are 1/3 the price and are pretty damn good for the money. Alternatively you can look for things on clearance at places like Sierra Trading Post which has some really good deals on waders if you don't fall in the meaty part the sizing bell curve. I got a pair of Patagonia Rio Gallegos for 50% off from there and I've been super pleased with them for the 10 or so times I've had them out of the box.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Waders???? - 04/24/18 08:20 PM

I would say Simms G3 Guide are the best at $500.
Academy Magellan Mag2 waders are the best for the money - about $120 before any sale.
Then you need wading boots. If you can afford the Simms waders, you might as well get the Simms wading boots.
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: Waders???? - 04/24/18 09:23 PM

I've got an old pair of Simms that I bought via an online auction. I think I paid something like $35 or $40 for them. Used them for a season and found all the pinhole leaks...shipped them back to Simms and they repaired them for free. All I paid was shipping.

So, that's what you're paying for when you buy Simms. Lifetime guarantee on quality and free repair when need be.
Posted By: RangerRong

Re: Waders???? - 04/24/18 10:23 PM

bite the bullet, buy simms you will be happy
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Waders???? - 04/25/18 02:03 PM

Best bang for your buck right here. I bought these when they first came out a couple of year ago.

http://www.orvis.com/p/silver-sonic-zipp...AiABEgLjivD_BwE
Posted By: BoPro

Re: Waders???? - 04/25/18 05:43 PM

I say Simms, but you don't have to go with the g3s for quality. I have a pair Freestone waist highs, and Headwaters that are over 3 years old. Still rocking like they were new. However, if they ever start leaking, I'd probably invest in the waist high G3... grin
Posted By: twstephens77

Re: Waders???? - 04/27/18 02:36 PM

I have a pair of Frogg Toggs that were on sale at Academy...$90 down from $150. I've been very happy so far, but I've only had them a few months.
Posted By: jrod88

Re: Waders???? - 04/27/18 05:06 PM

I’m eyeing Orvis’ new ultralight waders, the ones that replaced their convertible pair. Seems perfect for the little we need them in TX.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum