Texas Fishing Forum

Great Costa Rica Trip (Pic Heavy)

Posted By: Hunter498

Great Costa Rica Trip (Pic Heavy) - 03/02/18 02:23 PM

Fantastic trip into the mountains of Costa Rica with Jesse Males of Backwaterflyfishing. Outstanding young man and guide, it was a pleasure spending three days with a fellow christian. The trout fishing as you can see was spectacular and the machaca fishing was incredible as well. I could write ten pages on the great experience I had during the trip. The rainbows came in all sizes and colors. The machaca hit like a train and are explosive when they hit. The Float trip for the machaca took place on the Sarapiqui river which was full of Monkeys and other indigenous wildlife. The trout fishing took place on two mountain streams at approximately 6-8k feet. The food, scenery and the people were great. If you make it down there, contact Jesse Males for a great time and great fishing.

[img]https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2018/03/full-70056-203296-img_0792.jpg[/img]
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Great Costa Rica Trip (Pic Heavy) - 03/02/18 02:59 PM

Awesome Alan. Sounds like the scenery and wildlife alone were incredible. What a wonderful experience it must have been. I love that picture of the fish jumping out of the water. Those guys weren't going to give up without a fight, were they?

Congrats and thanks for sharing an experience that most of us will never get to enjoy thumb
Posted By: railfly

Re: Great Costa Rica Trip (Pic Heavy) - 03/02/18 11:36 PM

Awesome pictures from what looks like was a great adventure.
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Great Costa Rica Trip (Pic Heavy) - 03/03/18 12:26 AM

Great, great pictures Alan. Amazing colors to those rainbows, really amazing. They don't call the machaca a “mini tarpon” for no reason. Sounds like a great trip.
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Great Costa Rica Trip (Pic Heavy) - 03/03/18 02:53 PM

It was, great scenery, great people and great fishing!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum