Texas Fishing Forum

White River

Posted By: slim1

White River - 02/15/18 12:53 PM

Planning a trip up there in August. Have any of you fly fishermen stayed at Rose's Trout Dock or Sportsman Resort? There's 5 of us going and we want to stay right on the river. Any help would be appreciated.
Posted By: JCG57

Re: White River - 02/16/18 02:39 AM

I stayed at the White Hole Resort right after Thanksgiving two years ago. Son and I met a guide there and we each caught a limit. Caught a couple from shore the next morning right at the resort. Nothing fancy (I suspect the "cabins" might have been FEMA trailers at one time) but has a decent tackle store on site and a nice dock. Recommend getting a meal at Gastons Resort, restaurant is pretty nice.
Posted By: RODS454

Re: White River - 02/26/18 06:11 PM

I've camped at Bull Shoals State park more than anything. Also stayed at Gastons and Stetsons. Last time I was there I stayed at the hospital! eek Motorcycle wreck headed to Gastons, 6 yrs ago. We are finally going back at the end of April. We are renting a house again, down below Cotter. Y'all might look into that. VRBO has a good app to find places to rent. Good Luck, you'll have a blast!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum