Texas Fishing Forum

Cabelas CGR rods

Posted By: rleblanc61

Cabelas CGR rods - 02/14/18 02:52 PM

For anyone looking for glass rods, I noticed recently that Cabelas dropped their regular prices on CGR rods to $69.99. Just happened to look at the online Bargain cave this morning, they are $39.99 and currently all sizes are in stock
Posted By: skeeterK

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/14/18 03:12 PM

Thanks for the heads up as I've been checking Cabela's over the last several weeks looking at this same rod in a 4wt. At that price it flys under the wife's radar when the statement comes in . smile
Posted By: karstopo

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/14/18 03:49 PM

Awesome. I have the 2, 4/5, 5/6, and two 7/8 models.
Posted By: karstopo

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/14/18 04:08 PM

I just ordered the 6'6" 4 weight. Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: tx8er

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/14/18 10:01 PM

Thanks for the tip. Picked up a 5/6 to go with my 4.

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/20/18 12:25 AM

So my rod arrived today and I immediately knew something was up as the CGR 4 wt is suppose to be 6'-6" and this one was a full 9'. After looking at the part number on the new rod and checking their website it turns out it's a newly released Cabela's Vector AW which sells for $189. Not sure what I'm going to do here as all of the $39 CGR rods are sold out.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/20/18 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: skeeterK
So my rod arrived today and I immediately knew something was up as the CGR 4 wt is suppose to be 6'-6" and this one was a full 9'. After looking at the part number on the new rod and checking their website it turns out it's a newly released Cabela's Vector AW which sells for $189. Not sure what I'm going to do here as all of the $39 CGR rods are sold out.

Did you pay $189 or $39 for what you got?

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/20/18 12:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Smurfs
Originally Posted By: skeeterK

Did you pay $189 or $39 for what you got?

I paid $39. They just grabbed the wrong rod as the receipt shows the CGR. The only thing its a 6wt which I don't have. Currently have a 5, 7, and 8.
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/20/18 02:04 AM

Sounds like a helluva deal. I have a couple of their LSI rods that I really like and just got a Theorem 4 wt that I haven't had a chance to try yet.
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/20/18 04:47 PM

Skeeter K, sent you a PM
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/20/18 07:54 PM

Great rods!

Posted By: crapicat

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/22/18 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
Sounds like a helluva deal. I have a couple of their LSI rods that I really like and just got a Theorem 4 wt that I haven't had a chance to try yet.

I agree withMedic...but look, if you are TRULY DISAPPOINTED, I will offer you your money back and pay for the shipping... grin

Re: Cabelas CGR rods - 02/23/18 03:56 PM

I reordered the CGR 4wt and surprisingly it arrived the next day as is it shipped from the Cabela's in Dickinson. Here's my bargain rod haul for the week.

The 4wt is my shortest rod at 6'-6" and to be honest I didn't know what to expect casting wise but after giving it a test run yesterday I'm really pleased. I paired it with my old Cahill reel. The Vector rod is very simular in appearance and feel to my Orvis Clearwater.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum