Texas Fishing Forum

CTF in Empire-2

Posted By: Capt Hoop

CTF in Empire-2 - 02/24/15 03:59 PM

Too windy to even go inshore fishing this morning. We had another breakfast of Eggs, Sausage, and French toast. After that we dragged our asses and got the boat ready for offshore tomorrow. We went down and renewed their fishing licenses. $10.00 for 3 days. After noon the wind let up a bit so I told them we were going fishing. One of the guys I talked to told me he was out there all morning and was heading in. He caught about 30 rat reds and only 3 keepers. The run down the river was a bit bouncy but when I got back in the bayou we had all protected water. We had a lot more water today so I was able to get where I wanted to go. I did dig some mud and scratched a few oysters but all was well.

We spent most of the day getting rats.

We all had our share of them but only 2 that made it over 16 inches. It was beautiful and the winds were dying down. I moved to several places and our last place we also found shorts. It was getting late and I was pushing it to make dark. Jay hooks up to a good fish across the canal and we get another in a small pond off the side on the other side of the boat. The one Booty is fighting decides to go around a gas pipe line but found it's way back into the small cut leading to the boat. The 2 guys have a pair of nice fish for the box. Chris has not had a chance to fight anything that big in 3 days. It shows in the picture. Look at the bright orange color of the fins on the red.

I was ready to head it in but this nice double just kept me pushing the envelope a bit more. It is not long after that I am watching Chris fight a good one. I was able to get this one in the net and Chris had his first ever good redfish. This beauty went just over 7 pounds.

By this time the bugs were getting a bit thick so it was easy to say lets head to the barn and every body agree.

We made it in just in time to witness a beautiful sun set. Red at night sailors delight.

Lets hope so.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Our Freedom Charters
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum