Texas Fishing Forum

Matagorda Report

Posted By: CaptMatagordaMatt

Matagorda Report - 11/21/13 03:10 AM

Fishing was great Sunday, we drifted and threw plastics and had 20 trout up to 4lbs and were off the water by 11am! Tides are still extremely high and have not dumped yet! Other fellow guides that waded, did well too!

"No Slack"
captmatagordamatt.com
Posted By: pcde123

Re: Matagorda Report - 11/21/13 10:20 PM

did u fihs them off a jig head????? im fixing to go next week and i want a little help on eastbay fishing
Posted By: CaptMatagordaMatt

Re: Matagorda Report - 11/30/13 04:52 AM

Hey Bud, sorry been out of town duck hunting! Yes we were using jig heads 1/4 oz. or 1/8 oz. I prefer wide gap hooks, with screw on heads, and green colored, depending on what color of plastic that I'm using at the time! If you tie a loop knock to your jig head you will get a more natural action out of your bait! The fish were hitting it on the fall, so be ready! When in doubt , rip lips!

Got wet and tried to wade earlier this week, when tide was falling, but the water temp was to cold to make it worth while! Monday evening the temp was 48.5... Tough to catch them below 50 degrees... This weekend with the warming trend , the fishing should heat back up and some big trout should be caught!

"No Slack"
captmatagordamatt.com
Posted By: GotMuddy

Re: Matagorda Report - 12/01/13 06:24 PM

where do the trout go when water temp drops below 50?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum