Texas Fishing Forum

PCI Fishing Showdown, Matagorda Tx

Posted By: Run-N-Gun

PCI Fishing Showdown, Matagorda Tx - 10/18/11 04:41 AM

This past Friday, Run-N-Gun Adventures, along with help from Sunrise Lodge and a handful of Matagorda’s finest guides teamed up to host the first annual PCI Fishing Showdown(Performance Contractors Inc.). The Performance crew started arriving mid-afternoon on Friday and enjoyed a relaxing afternoon with a few cold beverages while waiting on dinner to be served. Once everyone had arrived, a spectacular steak dinner was served around 8pm. After dinner, the guys enjoyed a few cigars and practiced their fishing skills off the dock. Saturday morning the lodge served breakfast tacos and coffee on the dock as I directed the guys onto their boat for the day. We had set up a small tourney that was going to place out 1st, 2nd and 3rd for trout and reds. After everyone was loaded up on their boat we all departed for a morning of fishing. Most of us headed west, a few guys headed east and a couple went chasing reds in the back lakes. Catching fish was pretty consistent on all the boats; in fact, I would say that most boats averaged 1 fish for every 3 cast throughout the morning. The only problem we ran into was hooking fish that would make it into the box. I’m not going to complain though; all the boats had at least 15 fish in the box when they returned to the dock at noon; Charlie’s boat had the most with about 35 on ice. Once all the boats made it in, we weighed fish (results below), and then laid the fish out to get a group picture. The group combined to catch 99 trout, 30 reds and 3 flounder for a great morning on the water. Once the pictures had been taken, the group settled down for a fabulous BBQ lunch while their fish were being cleaned and bagged. During lunch we announced the winners of the tourney and awards plaques. After lunch was complete the guys cleaned up, packed up and grabbed some bags of fillets as they got ready to make their way home. All in all it was a great trip that was very successful on all levels. Great friends, great food and great fishing make for a fabulous time.

I’d like to thank the guys at Sunrise Lodge (Bink Grimes and Mark Talasek) for all their hard work in helping me put this together and making it run so smoothly. Also, to all the other guides that helped put everyone on fish, Charlie Paradoski, Jacob Zemanick, Billy Pustejovsky, Michael Kubecka, Tommy Alexander, & Rob Cummings. If anyone is looking to put a corporate trip together, don’t hesitate to give Matagorda a shot. We are only 90 minutes from Houston and have everything you need from lodging, fishing, waterfowl hunting, cast and blast opportunities, and great food.

Tourney Results
REDFISH
1st 8.9lbs Bob S. on Rob’s boat
2nd 7.1lbs Jacob T. on Rob’s boat
3rd 6.6lbs Julius on Jacob’s boat
TROUT
1st 2.9lbs Matt on Charlie’s boat
2nd 2.0lbs Mike on Billy’s boat
3rd 2.0lbs Eric on Michael’s boat

The fishing is only going to get better as we continue to get cool/cold front pushing through. We are expecting a good one middle of this week that should push temperatures into the mid-upper 40’s. If you are looking to get in on some great fishing out of the boat, then the time is now. We are booked up pretty solid this week/weekend. Jacob is open on Sunday if anyone is interested in coming down. The rest of this month is pretty open for us and then things start to get booked up again as we hit November and duck and goose season get kicked off. We started seeing a few more speckled belly geese in the area over the weekend and after the front we should see even more with some snows starting to show up. November is a great month for cast and blast trips and we are already booking some weekends up, so don’t hesitate to contact me if you’re interested in getting in on the action.

Between helping us get everything ready for the fishing group and cleaning fish, Nathan had Mica and a buddy out dove hunting on Saturday. The afternoon hunt was on fire as he located a large group of dove making their way to water from a field full of goat weed. This front might change things a little as far as dove hunting goes, but we’ll have to wait and see. Night vision hog hunting continues to be extremely productive and we don’t see that changing anytime soon with the farmers starting to harvest again. Hope you enjoy all the pictures and once again don’t wait till the last minute to contact me about getting on the books for your next hunting or fishing trip. Call/text (979) 240-5312 or email run-n-gunadventures@hotmail.com

To see the rest of the pictures, and there are a bunch of them, just click here: http://www.run-n-gunadventures.com/report/viewtopic.php?t=211

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum