Texas Fishing Forum

Costa Rica trip

Posted By: Gilly62

Costa Rica trip - 03/14/21 08:37 PM

Hello, I have never been fishing in Costa Rica and have a trip scheduled for June. We will be wanting to target Dorado and Marlin. Does anyone have any insight on charters for the area? We will be flying into Liberia and will be staying in the Guanacaste province. And help would be appreciated.
Posted By: fishincontrol

Re: Costa Rica trip - 06/07/21 11:40 AM

We chartered the Blue Pearl out of Quepos a few years back and caught the snot out of Pacific sails up to 140...ever got hooked up with a marlin nor dorado. Still, it was the best couple of days of fishing ever. Went inshore 1 day and caught monster snook and roosterfish...amazing down there. Good luck!
Posted By: Mo

Re: Costa Rica trip - 06/15/21 06:31 PM

The only time I was there , I stayed in Golfito, and I like the inshore fishing much better than the offshore,

good luck

MO
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Costa Rica trip - 07/10/21 12:46 AM

My brothers kid just moved to Costa Rica. He lives in Manzillio Beach which is about 3.5 hours from Liberia. Going to have to make a trip down there once he gets it all scoped out. He lives about 1 mile from the home Gisele has .
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Costa Rica trip - 10/03/21 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker
My brothers kid just moved to Costa Rica. He lives in Manzillio Beach which is about 3.5 hours from Liberia. Going to have to make a trip down there once he gets it all scoped out. He lives about 1 mile from the home Gisele has .

He came back to Texas last week. They are moving to Jaco so lots more fishing out of that area. Looks like it’s going to be a Jan or Feb trip. I want to catch a dang Rooster fish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum