Texas Fishing Forum

New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀

Posted By: FishermanATX

New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/15/20 06:23 PM

Hello all,
I finally found a fishing forum where we can exchange our experiences and knowledge about fishing.
My name is Youssef and I live in Cedar Park Texas. I've been in and around Austin for more then 20 years. I do freshwater fishing, kayak fishing and surf fishing as well.
For freshwater, I do kayak fishing in Town Lake, Lake Austin, Lake Travis, Buchanan, and many more places. For saltwater, I mainly fish Matagorda and I also fish PINS from time to another.
I'm looking forward to knowing you guys and hopefully meet with some of you out there. I already know one person here that I already met in Matagorda and looking forward to another outing with him.

I've been fishing Matagorda for almost 20 years, before they built that bridge and rebuilt the jetties. I fished Texas cost from border of Texas Louisiana to South Padre and Matagorda is my favorite. It's also the closest to Austin lol.

Here is my video from my last trip to Matagorda. Planning on going out there soon.

Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/15/20 07:36 PM

welcome
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/15/20 09:47 PM

welcome and well done.

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/16/20 02:20 AM

Thank you all so much! smile
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/17/20 12:36 AM

welcome To the TFF!
Posted By: TPOTTS

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/17/20 03:31 AM

Youssef! What is up my brotha!
Posted By: Beak47

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/17/20 01:00 PM

Welcome to the Forum. We hit HEB Lakeline Mall monthly in Cedar Park $$$$ groceries.

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/18/20 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
welcome To the TFF!

Thank you smile

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/18/20 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by TPOTTS
Youssef! What is up my brotha!

What's up buddy! Good to see you here man! I actually found out about this forum from one of your pictures online while I was googling Matagorda surf fishing pictures. I used to be on fishing forums all the time until the Facebook era came into place and killed a lot of those forums. I love the forums over any Facebook pages. Here you find the most up to date reports. Plus people in fishing forums are serious fishermen in my opinion lol.

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/18/20 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Beak47
Welcome to the Forum. We hit HEB Lakeline Mall monthly in Cedar Park $$$$ groceries.

Awesome man! Hope to meet you some day out there. If you see this truck out there holler!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: parttime

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/24/20 06:02 PM

I fish freshwater around San Antonio, but not from a yak. I love fishing the salt, usually fish around Aransas Pass in the boat, but I do enjoy fishing PINS too. Maybe we'll run into each other and do a collaboration some day.
Posted By: Jerry713

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/24/20 07:02 PM

Welcome! I've fished Matagorda some from the kayak but never fished the beach. I know how the sand can get there. Seen a lot of trucks stuck there including mine smile

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/24/20 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by parttime
I fish freshwater around San Antonio, but not from a yak. I love fishing the salt, usually fish around Aransas Pass in the boat, but I do enjoy fishing PINS too. Maybe we'll run into each other and do a collaboration some day.

Awesome man! I used to fish Calaveras Lake back in the days. But from the kayak though. lol. I used to target the stripers, hybrids and large mouth. Fun times, but last time I fished it was back in 2009

This picture is back in 2008
[Linked Image]

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 12/24/20 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Jerry713
Welcome! I've fished Matagorda some from the kayak but never fished the beach. I know how the sand can get there. Seen a lot of trucks stuck there including mine smile

Thank you man! I did fish the bays before from the kayak, but I love surf fishing lol. Yah, the sand can get rough sometimes. But you will need a 4wd and you should be able to make it without any problems.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: New to the forum, but not to fishing 😀 - 01/14/21 10:20 PM

cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum