Texas Fishing Forum

How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019

Posted By: Skunked Again Fishing

How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 06/08/19 05:47 PM

This was the 1st time testing out the Garmin Livescope to find Schooling Redfish and Black drum. I've gained some experience in the freshwater with Livescope, but was wondering if it would work the same for saltwater fish.

As you'll see on the video, we were able to locate and track schools of Reds and Blackdrum; then throwing bait to the schools to bring them in. Sure, we could have sent some baits out and the schools could take the bait; but by using Livescope, we could hunt them down and target our baits to them.
Posted By: Texas Grown

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 06/09/19 12:09 AM

Great video! smile
Posted By: tubejig

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 06/09/19 02:31 PM

Wow awesome video just like the ones on crappie!!
Posted By: CrazyCrappieGuy

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 06/11/19 02:49 AM

Sweet!!
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 06/11/19 04:15 AM

thumb nice
Posted By: SOCALCARPER

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 06/21/19 05:40 AM

Great job what boat is that it’s a beauty

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 06/21/19 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by tubejig
Wow awesome video just like the ones on crappie!!

Thanks. I'm still learning it and it's a lot of fun to learn new things and catching fish ! Thanks for your kind comment.
Tim

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 06/21/19 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by SOCALCARPER

Thank you. It's a Bluewave 19' center console. It's a good boat for me since it's so versatile for salt or freshwater. Thanks for your kind comment.
Tim
Posted By: Ranchonodinero

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 07/03/19 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Skunked Again Fishing

Thank you. It's a Bluewave 19' center console. It's a good boat for me since it's so versatile for salt or freshwater. Thanks for your kind comment.
Tim

Your boat looks set up nice! So which display unit do you recommend? I already have a hummingbird, so the Garmin would have to be an addition. Also, last year with a guide, targeting black drum, he used frozen shrimp and put on I think they were fish bites-looked like a piece of pink bubble gum.
Posted By: camo-jorts

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 07/04/19 12:55 AM

Great video! Thanks for sharing

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 07/12/19 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ranchonodinero
Originally Posted by Skunked Again Fishing

Tim

Your boat looks set up nice! So which display unit do you recommend? I already have a hummingbird, so the Garmin would have to be an addition. Also, last year with a guide, targeting black drum, he used frozen shrimp and put on I think they were fish bites-looked like a piece of pink bubble gum.

I have the dual 9" (93SV). Of course, a 32" smile would be better, but costs become an issue, if not already. Yep, if you were just targeting BD, you can get away with dead shrimp; but I was also going for reds and trout; so live works best for me. Plus it keeps the [censored] fish off the hooks.
Tim

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 07/12/19 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by camo-jorts
Great video! Thanks for sharing

Thanks for your kind comment! Tim
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: How to find schooling Redfish with Garmin Livescope, Port Aransas Rockport Texas June 2019 - 07/14/19 01:47 AM

Great video.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum