Texas Fishing Forum

Capt. Nathan's Wade Fishing Lure Report, Seadrift, TX; 1/22/19

Posted By: Captain Nathan Beabout

Capt. Nathan's Wade Fishing Lure Report, Seadrift, TX; 1/22/19 - 01/23/19 03:07 AM

We might not have caught a lot this afternoon in Seadrift, TX. ahead of the front, but the ones we did were solid!

Best bait today were DSL Dirty Tequila, Color X, and Corky Softdine XL bayou green/silver. Crotch deep water over grass beds worked the best.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Capt. Nathan's Wade Fishing Lure Report, Seadrift, TX; 1/22/19 - 01/23/19 03:59 AM

Nice report! Quick question, when fishing the DSL in that shallow of water are you bouncing them of the bottom or twitching them middle of the column?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Capt. Nathan's Wade Fishing Lure Report, Seadrift, TX; 1/22/19 - 01/23/19 04:00 AM

As always. Solid post and fish. Good job. thumb

Re: Capt. Nathan's Wade Fishing Lure Report, Seadrift, TX; 1/22/19 - 01/23/19 11:06 PM

2 ways i work them. one is a big hop off the bottom and let it free fall through the entire water column, which tends to work well on hotter days and warmer water temps.
the second which goes along with falling or colder water temps is a small jump or twitch off the bottom, like just a 4-6 inch hop off the bottom. a lot of times i call it dredging.

I don't concern myself with a little grass on my bait, and when you are dredging you can feel when it hangs up in a big mat of grass, a couple big jerks and the bait is cleaned off, continue to dredge.
Posted By: Alumacraft 14

Re: Capt. Nathan's Wade Fishing Lure Report, Seadrift, TX; 1/22/19 - 01/24/19 01:40 AM

Thanks for the information Captain

Re: Capt. Nathan's Wade Fishing Lure Report, Seadrift, TX; 1/22/19 - 01/24/19 01:55 AM

sorry forgot to mention that is all with an 1/8oz jighead
Posted By: Bradyfisherman4

Re: Capt. Nathan's Wade Fishing Lure Report, Seadrift, TX; 1/22/19 - 01/24/19 03:11 AM

When targeting trout and redfish, do you find that a baitcast or spinning is more effective?

Re: Capt. Nathan's Wade Fishing Lure Report, Seadrift, TX; 1/22/19 - 01/24/19 03:45 PM

either way is good. i have a lot of customers that throw both. myself i throw a baitcaster on a 6'9" medium action rod with 40# braid.
when a customer barrows one of my set ups they get a 7'6" medium action spinning rod with a penn 3000 reel that has 20# braid on it.

both set ups offer a long cast, and sensitivity for the bite. i think that is key especially this time of year is a long cast.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum