Texas Fishing Forum

G-town Flounder Run

Posted By: V-Bottom

G-town Flounder Run - 12/02/18 05:01 PM

I've been reading about the Run that hasn't happened here yet. I know there are flatfish out there but many anglers are saying the bite hasn't shown up. Some flatfish in the low to mid 20" range were being caught at night. Water temp's are right, the time of the year is NOW but where are the flounder? One report was out of Hall's Bayou somewhere that there were a lot of flatfish caught in just a few minutes but were mostly the small males with the exception of 4 fish that were retained. If you have any reports of large flatties being caught using rod and reel in your area on a regular basis, let us know.
Posted By: smooth move

Re: G-town Flounder Run - 12/03/18 12:12 AM

i've seen some good fish caught, but not many, certainly not what i'd call a run. all i've found is small male fish. fished the channel and all the mouths and passes where i've caught fish in previous years-----nada!
Posted By: Diablosandwich

Re: G-town Flounder Run - 12/06/18 02:10 AM

I was driving up 45 this past Sunday and saw a small 18-20 inch flounder caught from a bridge on the east side of the 45 frontage road. (Jones area). After the last two fronts, major drop in water temps and low tides, I was surprised to see a flounder caught that far back in the shallows.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum