Texas Fishing Forum

Charters Fishing Topshotfishing Happy Day Today Mahi

Posted By: HDT

Charters Fishing Topshotfishing Happy Day Today Mahi - 12/14/17 12:19 PM

Fort Lauderdale Fishing with Top Shot Sportfishing Charter Boat and Capt. Zsak

Cole McIsaac, Travis Rogers and John Garcy from Georgia, chartered the Top Shot Sportfishing charter boat team to do some deep sea charter boat sport fishing in Fort Lauderdale, FL. We had nice weather to start the morning with 75 degrees and easterly winds blowing 12 mph. Consistent east winds bring good offshore Mahi Mahi bites.

We started out fishing in 500 ft. of water, 2.4 miles from shore, with five surface lines, three Ballyhoo and two chuggers, one deep plainer line and one bridge teaser. When fishing for Mahi Mahi’s, we are constantly looking for birds, weed lines or any floating debris where the Mahi Mahi fish will be feeding on bait fish. I saw a small weed line in 650 ft. of water and trolled around it. The two long Ballyhoo baits got hit, and we caught a couple of Mahi Mahi’s. I Continued trolling around the area and picked up another Mahi Mahi.

Next I spotted a frigatebird and worked under the bird. Another two Mahi Mahi strikes, and we had fish on. The anglers brought the Mahi Mahi’s in, and we moved on looking for more fish.

About an hour later we found a floating pallet, which 99% of the time has fish hanging around. I made three passes and caught six Mahi Mahi’s and one Wahoo. The Wahoo ate the deep plainer line bait, which was a seawitch – great job guys.

We had a good day fishing offshore with a total catch of 10 Mahi Mahi’s and one Wahoo. The anglers retired into the a/c salon and enjoyed the relaxing trip back to the dock at Bahia Bar Yachting Center, 801 Seabreeze Blvd. Fort Lauderdale 33316. At the dock, Fred, our mate, filet the fish for the anglers to take home.

For a successful and adventurous deep sea fishing charter in Fort Lauderdale FL for Sailfish, Shark, Bonito, Mackerel, Swordfish, Snapper, Wahoo, Tuna, Mahi Mahi and Grouper, contact Captain Zsak. - 954-309-7457 or email us at tzsak@bellsouth.net Website: www.topshotfishing.com.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Charters Fishing Topshotfishing Happy Day Today Mahi - 12/18/17 05:08 AM

Great report and some super fish. As always good job. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Charters Fishing Topshotfishing Happy Day Today Mahi - 12/18/17 03:46 PM

Great post.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum