Texas Fishing Forum

Legends boat tournament

Posted By: Kay Dyson

Legends boat tournament - 10/24/17 09:42 PM

Wonder if it will survive the Johnny Morris buy out... I haven't heard anything about it's continuation or demise...
Don Hampton might know.. It's a good tournament, payouts are real good, only event that gives out 4 boats and a ton of cash. Just curious.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Legends boat tournament - 10/24/17 10:04 PM

Doubtful it would have survived without the buyout. Gotta sell boats.
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Legends boat tournament - 10/25/17 12:11 PM

Got my invite in the mail last week so I guess it is still going to happen. Be nice to make the weigh in for a change. I seem to be only able to catch slots or dinks when I fish it.
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Legends boat tournament - 10/25/17 01:42 PM

They had fliers everywhere on it at the Berkley tournament. Both days I had a flier put on my windshield
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Legends boat tournament - 10/26/17 01:55 AM

Is it even a "Legend" sanctioned event, I always hear the guy on the radio fishing show in the morning say legend is just part of the name and you can fish it out of any brand boat.
Posted By: daman

Re: Legends boat tournament - 10/26/17 02:22 AM

I have a flyer
Posted By: Dabaker421

Re: Legends boat tournament - 10/26/17 01:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Bossbowman
Is it even a "Legend" sanctioned event, I always hear the guy on the radio fishing show in the morning say legend is just part of the name and you can fish it out of any brand boat.

You can fish it out of any boat. Its not a "Legend" boat tournament.
Posted By: Dr. Drop

Re: Legends boat tournament - 10/26/17 02:12 PM

Well Legend supply's the prize boats.
Legend owners get double hourly prize money.
You can fish out of any brand boat.
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Legends boat tournament - 11/01/17 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Dr. Drop
Well Legend supply's the prize boats.
Legend owners get double hourly prize money.
You can fish out of any brand boat.

Absolutely, they( legends boats) provided the 4 boats, all the hourly cash, And Randy Quals was/is a stand up guy. I remember when he fished BassMaster in the day... And, now he's gone.. Reckon Johnny will carry the event on his dime ??
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: Legends boat tournament - 11/01/17 01:35 AM

I thought they said Legend sold them at a good price so the guy that does put it on can make money. He had to have so many entries to break even.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum