Texas Fishing Forum

Chesapeake Bay Fishing

Posted By: blondie

Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 06/23/17 07:26 PM

I am headed to Washington DC in July with the wife for her work conference and of course I am looking for a way to go fishing. Has anyone been fishing out there that can point me in the right direction for some Chesapeake Bay Striper fishing. There are a ton on the internet and I have called several but I value the input on TFF more. Thanks
Posted By: mickeytfc

Re: Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 06/23/17 08:14 PM

I went in June a few years ago. From the south side of the bay so it might have been different, but the stripers were not in the river then, I think they said it was the fall. But we did a charter trip and trolled for bluefish and had a lot of action and good fights. Trolling for bull reds is also supposed to be good then, but in our case unfortunately the captain was not prepared. We found a school on side scan, vectored over them on the troll with the too small bluefish rods, got four simultaneous knockdowns but broke off all of them. By the time they re-rigged it was over. But oh well it was still a good trip and the bay is awesome and there will definitely be something available.

Have a great trip.
Posted By: Trunkful

Re: Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 06/24/17 08:26 PM

DOUBLE D FISHING CHARTERS...

Captain Danny is awesome, ask for a shot of shine when you get back in...

cheers
Posted By: V-Bottom

Re: Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 06/24/17 09:35 PM

Use "Spots" just like you would use Croakers for those huge trout up there...
Posted By: blondie

Re: Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 06/25/17 01:28 AM

Thanks for the replies
Posted By: Born on the Chesapeake

Re: Chesapeake Bay Fishing - 06/29/17 01:19 PM

I grew up on the Bay. I highly recommend you go to the St. Michaels and the Tilghman Island area...http://knappsnarrowsmarina.com/fishing-charters. The Knapps Narrows Marina and Inn always has good charters and will chase what is biting. I highly recommend you stop at the Crab Claw in the St. Michaels Harbor for blue crabs on your way. Have Fun
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum