Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Texahoma Lodging

Posted By: Cedar Chopper's Grandson

Lake Texahoma Lodging - 02/13/17 11:46 PM

I am looking for a place to stay on Lake Texahoma. We like to put the boat in the water and leave it in a covered safe slip with electricity. Looking for something like Valentines at Lake LBJ if you are familiar with that. Thanks
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Lake Texahoma Lodging - 02/13/17 11:49 PM

Texoma?
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Lake Texahoma Lodging - 02/14/17 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: Cedar Chopper's Grandson
I am looking for a place to stay on Lake Texahoma. We like to put the boat in the water and leave it in a covered safe slip with electricity. Looking for something like Valentines at Lake LBJ if you are familiar with that. Thanks

There are several marinas that offer covered slips and they have cabins for rent, Little mineral or lighthouse marinas have what you are looking for.
Posted By: toofy

Re: Lake Texahoma Lodging - 02/15/17 05:45 AM

I made my first 3-day weekend trip to Texoma last Fall and stayed at Flowing Wells Resort. I absolutely loved it and I have already made a reservation to go back this April. The community is gated (they have to give you a gate code) and I felt very safe with my boat and personal belongings. I put my boat in the water and kept it in one of their empty slips at the marina at night. I rented one of their cabins which was 20 feet from the water. They have options from 1 bedroom up to 4 bedrooms. I recommend one of the "Sunset Village" cabins. They were very accommodating and gave personalized service like they knew me.

While most anglers talk about fishing the East side of the lake, this is on the Western side. But I found tons of fish and enjoyed the quietness. The only negative I can think of is the boat ramp is very flat (not steep) so I had to drive further out to get my boat in the water. But the tradeoff is that I kept my boat in a slip and didn't have to use the ramp every morning. I'll try to post some photos tomorrow.

http://www.dfwresort.com/lake-texoma-cabins/
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: Lake Texahoma Lodging - 02/15/17 12:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris B
Texoma?

No, Lake Texahoma
Posted By: toofy

Re: Lake Texahoma Lodging - 02/15/17 01:56 PM

? huh

Re: Lake Texahoma Lodging - 02/19/17 08:17 PM

Texoma

Re: Lake Texahoma Lodging - 04/24/17 07:31 PM

We just spent a week in Cabin 16 at Flowing Wells resort. The room was awesome and very reasonably priced. The ramp was shallow as mentioned above but we did not have any trouble launching our bass boat or loading it later. The slips were secure but the sides were not padded so you have to be careful. All in all we loved Flowing Wells.
Posted By: Marshall Lucky

Re: Lake Texahoma Lodging - 04/24/17 08:58 PM

The last time I went, I stayed in a trailer at Buncombe Creek Resort and Marina. Good rates, good food and the marina was pretty good also.
Posted By: H2O Seeker

Re: Lake Texahoma Lodging - 05/05/17 03:42 AM

Glad you had a good experience. This site is a good resource - www.texomadestinations.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum