Texas Fishing Forum

Roberts marina ramp

Posted By: RangerBass21

Roberts marina ramp - 06/17/15 01:52 AM

Anyone use their open ramp yet? If so how was it ?
Posted By: jolewis2

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/17/15 06:35 PM

I drove by there on Sunday and it looks good.No problems
Posted By: hvtexskeeter

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/18/15 10:10 PM

Marina ramp is closed until the water goes back down again. Just called them 30 minutes ago. Also the marina opens at 9am M-Thursday and 8am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so don't plan on getting there early and launching. She also said that u cannot use the ramp in the dark. Give them a call before you drive over there. She said it will probably be next week sometime before it opens again.
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/19/15 02:42 AM

was there a dock or something to tie off the boat when taking the trailer back to the parking lot ?

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/19/15 03:31 AM

Originally Posted By: hvtexskeeter
Marina ramp is closed until the water goes back down again. Just called them 30 minutes ago. Also the marina opens at 9am M-Thursday and 8am on Friday, Saturday and Sunday so don't plan on getting there early and launching. She also said that u cannot use the ramp in the dark. Give them a call before you drive over there. She said it will probably be next week sometime before it opens again.

I talked to them today, it's closed cause of wind damage they have to repair the wave breakers then they'll open it back up, figures I get set to go and Roberts is closed again.

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/19/15 09:13 PM

I dont know about a dock, I have never used the ramp at the marina. I didnt hear about the wind damage. the lady I talked too at the marina said it was closed due to the water was too high again. hopefully next week it will be open.
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/19/15 11:56 PM

thanks. did not want to call them, I figure they get a lot of phone calls.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 04:05 PM

any update on this?
Posted By: scott82

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 09:31 PM

Ramp back open. I've never used it, but I will in the very near future. I called Saturday night. I couldn't mAke it in time to get a pass for Sunday morning.
Posted By: JIP

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 09:43 PM

I launched there Friday. They had one side of the ramp closed but still enough room for at least two boats to launch at a time. The woman I spoke to on Thursday said it was closed but said they were deciding day by day depending on water level. So I called Friday as she had directed me to and they were open. The launch was pretty slow.

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 09:54 PM

Ramp sucks , if you're launching by yourself, pain in the [censored], you gotta have someone dump you off cause it's too shallow

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 10:02 PM

will they allow you to pay in the afternoon to launch the next morning so that you can get there before they open?

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 10:22 PM

can a person launch a boat by themselves if you wear a swimsuit and some shorts? can you pull the boat up on shore in some grass or something? Was thinkin about goin out there this week if they are open and letting people launch.

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 10:23 PM

Originally Posted By: 04champ
will they allow you to pay in the afternoon to launch the next morning so that you can get there before they open?

No, they have ramp guy who watches over unloading and loading

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 10:24 PM

Originally Posted By: hvtexskeeter
can a person launch a boat by themselves if you wear a swimsuit and some shorts? can you pull the boat up on shore in some grass or something? Was thinkin about goin out there this week if they are open and letting people launch.

Yes you can beach it, but to beach it you have to drive to beaching area

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21

So the earliest you can launch is 8am?

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21

So the earliest you can launch is 8am?

Yeah, but I'd call ahead and make sure it's open. I launched 930am sat and I was the only one, it's starts getting busy later on in the day, around 4 when I came back there was a line to load and unload.

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 10:51 PM

and you have to be off the water before dark?

Guess I'll just go back to Fork

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/22/15 10:59 PM

and you have to be off the water before dark?

Guess I'll just go back to Fork

Yeah when they close, most launching are wake boarding boats and cruiser boats, I went out up North Indian and wolf and I was only boat, nice , no pressure
Posted By: Duke 59

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/24/15 01:22 AM

I was just there this afternoon and I asked in the marina office about launching prior to them opening at 8am.....I was told you could come in the day before and pay/sign waiver, then you could launch the next day before they open at 8am. I know that isn't very convenient if you have to drive far, but it can be done.

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/24/15 03:08 AM

Awesome news!

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/24/15 03:20 AM

Don't know who told you that, but I'd ask the manager or whoever his name is and check, cause I was told you can't cause it's dangerous launch they have steel gates and steel cable flooded right next to the launch and a loading and unloading security has to be present and only during open hours , so I'd check make sure for yourself cause I was told no.
Posted By: Duke 59

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/25/15 01:53 AM

When I was there yesterday, I watched two boats come off the lake and another launch....both around 2:00. In the grass parking area I saw 10 trucks with empty trailers....so I guess they were out on the lake too. We may not be talking about the same thing, but it was at the Ray Roberts Marina.... I spoke to the lady in the office. They have signs as you walk up stating what is needed to get a launch permit. There was no one at the launch area observing.
Posted By: Roll Tide Ranger

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/25/15 02:13 AM

I have launched prior to 8 and there is no closing time, You can get off the lake whenever you want. I asked the launch attendant that specifically. The reason he is there is to try and keep it civil because of it being the only place to launch. Yesterday when I launched they had moved a large vessel in the area that you can not launch. They really don't want you to launch alone because of how long you tie up the ramp but if you are quick he is ok with it. Hope this helps

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/26/15 12:03 AM

used the marina ramp today and it worked fine. just be careful with all the stuff in the water at the marina. they will explain to you where the submerged stuff is. (west of the ramp on the rh side if your facing the lake) i went around the small line of tires and beached my boat there about 30 feet east of the ramp because I was by myself. I want to say a big thank you to ray roberts marina for being a good nieghbor and allowing people to launch there. remember idle speed only in the marina. Its a privilege that they are letting people launch there and not a right. if too many people mess up they cold pull the plug and not allow us to use it. and yes you can buy a pass for the next day to go earlier they just dont want you launching or loading in the dark for safety reasons and it is not lighted.
Posted By: Rockdodger00

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/28/15 05:48 PM

Sounds like some chore, to get it done. But, it is no doubt a lot better than a day at work. Yeh!
Posted By: texasbass1

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/30/15 08:26 PM

I may have to give it a try this weekend.
Posted By: JkWho

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 06/30/15 11:22 PM

any talk to when other docks will be opening?
Posted By: Raider15

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 07/04/15 12:36 AM

I used it this past Monday. Its not bad if there are two people to offload and load. It would not be fun if things were busy.
Posted By: webber

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 07/08/15 01:37 PM

Sorry for this question, I would like to fish this lake, I'm going crazy! Is this the marina ramp on the west side, off of 1190? I haven't fished this lake, not sure of it's surrounding areas.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 07/08/15 04:32 PM

You can fish all around the marina never leave lot's of bass in there.
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 07/08/15 06:29 PM

Originally Posted By: webber
Sorry for this question, I would like to fish this lake, I'm going crazy! Is this the marina ramp on the west side, off of 1190? I haven't fished this lake, not sure of it's surrounding areas.
West side of the lake? Yes. And yes off 1190

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 07/08/15 09:46 PM

Is this where the ramps are open?
Posted By: lodell23

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 07/09/15 12:48 AM

Originally Posted By: webber
Is this where the ramps are open?
Yes. Only ramp open on RR - $5 to launch
Posted By: Roll Tide Ranger

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 07/09/15 01:12 AM

Yes it is off of 1190...Stop by the marina and get you a pass and then drive around to the big shop and you will find the ramp.

Re: Roberts marina ramp - 07/09/15 01:42 PM

Thanks guys!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum