Texas Fishing Forum

Gore-Tex

Posted By: Gamblinman

Gore-Tex - 02/10/03 11:32 PM

I have several sets of Gore-tex rainwear that leak. Need to know if others have had the same problem. I have tried all the products out there to rejuvenate Gore-Tex, along with following Gore-Tex instructions and still they leak. Because of this, I quit using breathable products several years ago.

Any suggestions or comments
Posted By: Bluedog

Re: Gore-Tex - 02/10/03 11:58 PM

I have several sets of a mid-grade breathable fabric that has served me for 2 years in some pretty heavy weather.I don`t know enough about gore-tex to help you much but seems pretty expensive to leak.

------------------
THE DOG
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Gore-Tex - 02/11/03 12:02 AM

These are older sets purchased back when Gore-Tex first came out. I had one each of insulated and non-insulated,and my dad had one insulated. All of them will let moisture enter through the fabric.
Posted By: jcass

Re: Gore-Tex - 02/11/03 12:50 AM

My friends all have Gore Tex jackets. All of them have leaked.
I have a Pacific Trail jacket that I have owned for 5-6 years. It has yet to leak. It was not very expensive. It has a mesh liner which helps circulate air.
This jacket has been used on 7-8 extended canoe trips in Ontario and Quebec under some very cold, windy, snowy, rainy days. I use it as my top layer even when it is not raining. It has had lots of wear but keeps on ticking.
The rain pants I have are older than the jacket and they have never leaked either.
There is stuff out there that works.
Posted By: o9rady

Re: Gore-Tex - 02/11/03 12:59 AM

I guess the internet was a much better invention for him than Tex jackets. (Don't blame me, I voted for Bush, btw.)

------------------
[img]http://photos.msn.com/imageserver/image.aspx?Image=HcZNnT9kkUicFb59DlK!EvTVxgvK0lWEViIWmxWnBqshZzU4j592zCGJjzFNjA!IUTnfg*mqyL0LM5xNnTImTh1Za*qif*h0aXPF0x1m57ldNvOIcBRx*xuUHiMELwfhCg4o9L5s*W75Cq4pRTaqjQ$$[/img]
Posted By: greatbigmerc

Re: Gore-Tex - 02/12/03 04:35 PM

I am an avid scuba diver as well as an avid fisherman. I had a gore tex suit that began to leak a few years back. I used some latex & neoprene repair kits purchased from a scuba shop on the main leaking areas. This worked great, and it has not leaked since.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum