Texas Fishing Forum

Boat ramp fees

Posted By: wupbass

Boat ramp fees - 12/14/05 04:07 AM

I have a simple question for someone more educated than I am.... If I pay to enter a state park and launch a small boat off the bank, am I still expected to pay the boat ramp fee if there is one??? I didn't use it. I also would not be backing up trailer on one either. Can anyone chime in and answer this for me. Can I get a ticket?
Posted By: Rudy Cortinas

Re: Boat ramp fees - 12/14/05 04:54 AM

Abel,all the state parks I've been to have the ramp charge rolled into to your entrance fee into the park,even if that wasn't the case if you don't have a trailer,I couldn't imagine anybody trying to charge you for launching off the bank,much less giving you a ticket,but my disclaimer is stranger things have happened so make a call ahead or ask the attendant upon entering!my 2 cents!
Posted By: wupbass

Re: Boat ramp fees - 12/14/05 05:02 AM

Thanks Rudy. I was just curious..I hate to have to shell out money for something like that.
Posted By: water_surge

Re: Boat ramp fees - 12/14/05 01:17 PM

What state park are you going into that charges entrance fees and launching fees??? Or is this a hypothetical question? If you are planning on going to a state park on a regular basis, get a yearly pass. The pass is awesome, as it gives you access to ALL state parks in Texas. If I had to add up how many times i've gone into the state park plus the number of people i've taken with me, the number would easily be over $1000.00.
Posted By: RANDYSGLIDE

Re: Boat ramp fees - 12/14/05 11:06 PM

if you go to purtis creek state park they will charge you a entrance fee and a lake use fee for a boat which is another 5.00 only state park I know of that does this I have a state park pass to get in and still pay the lake use fee
Posted By: Ts

Re: Boat ramp fees - 12/18/05 10:39 PM

Randy, I may be mistaken, not unusual for me, but I think Possum Kingdom also has a lake use fee. They did last summer. Ts
Posted By: sasquatch

Re: Boat ramp fees - 12/19/05 06:21 AM

Although it's been quite a while, but some of the state parks used to have seperate fees. If you told them you were there to fish, then they would only charge the ramp fee. I you wanted shore lunch or campsite, then a day use fee was charged.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Boat ramp fees - 12/19/05 03:17 PM

I thought all state parks were just straight up $5 a person. When I went to Purtis they charged us $10 for the two of us and that was it, same at Ray Bob and Sandlin.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum