Texas Fishing Forum

Where to dock boat?

Posted By: vthondaboi

Where to dock boat? - 05/19/14 05:44 PM

Which of these four lakes would you slip at for year round fishing of stripers/hybrids/crappies?

Texoma
Tawakoni
Cedar Creek
Richland Chambers

The first two seems to be the lowest with some reports suggesting that Tawakoni even being dangerous. Have a good GPS with Navionics
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: Where to dock boat? - 05/19/14 06:03 PM

If you're wanting stripers I would say Texoma. I beleive it's the only lake in texas with a naturally reproducing population of stripers. (there may be one other but I can't remember for sure) Hybrids and crappie ar pretty good there too.

Just my $.02
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Where to dock boat? - 05/19/14 06:32 PM

I'd probably go with Texoma, in part because it's an easy drive from the DFW Metroplex.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Where to dock boat? - 05/20/14 03:34 AM

Tawok gets my vote. I will say I'm a bass fisherman and am not too experienced on Tawokoni due to low levels. So yeah it's real low and if you don't know it probably dangerous. If both were full I would choose Tawakoni. It is all around a great lake for all those species. Crappie are very good. I know largemouth was not a species you mentioend but Tawok is an under rated fishery for them. It's big and it's got tons of cover. That's all they need to grow big. I don't think you could really go wrong on Texoma either though. Good luck!
Posted By: ezgoing

Re: Where to dock boat? - 05/20/14 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: SoonerDG
If you're wanting stripers I would say Texoma. I beleive it's the only lake in texas with a naturally reproducing population of stripers. (there may be one other but I can't remember for sure) Hybrids and crappie ar pretty good there too.

Just my $.02

thumb Haven't fished for stripers in years but it was extremely good for them back when I did fish for them.
Posted By: slim1

Re: Where to dock boat? - 05/20/14 12:09 PM

Any of them that have enough water under the docks.
Posted By: blwn merc

Re: Where to dock boat? - 05/20/14 01:49 PM

I would go with texoma. It has good population of fish. Striper of course is what that lake is known for , but it does have largemouth and smallies. And the crappie population is very good in texoma too. over all i would pick texoma. tawakoni is at a very dangerous level if you dont know the lake. It also depends on where you live. which ever one is easiest to get to , without fighting alot of traffic to get there.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Where to dock boat? - 05/20/14 02:09 PM

Tawakoni. Less crowded, awesome fishery, slips are reasonably priced...
Have been in a slip at anchor inn for nine years...
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Where to dock boat? - 05/20/14 02:23 PM

Texoma for sure, almost 90 K acres, has every species and is a beautiful lake.
Posted By: Iberia

Re: Where to dock boat? - 05/22/14 07:12 PM

I'd go with whichever one has the most steady water levels
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum