Texas Fishing Forum

DFW fishing Guides

Posted By: robstal1

DFW fishing Guides - 02/12/14 10:03 PM

My son's birthday is during spring break and he will be 10. All he wants to do for his birthday is go fishing. Who would be a great guide for us and where? Thanks
Posted By: Coreywms

Re: DFW fishing Guides - 02/12/14 11:05 PM

Contact www.texasoklahomafishingguide.com He's tarponfly on here.
Posted By: Gone Fishin'

Re: DFW fishing Guides - 02/13/14 12:18 AM

Check us out at www.gonefishin.biz . We specialize in "Families and Kids". You might be interested in the "Package Special" if you want a getaway overnite.

We're an hour and a half South of DFW on Richland Chambers.

Lots of folks on the TFF have fished with us if you would like references.

I'm at the Lake the next couple of days and do not have access to the Internet. Give us a call if you need info.

Good Luck!
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: DFW fishing Guides - 02/13/14 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Coreywms
Contact www.texasoklahomafishingguide.com He's tarponfly on here.

Second vote for TarponFly. Since the lakes are low and the creeks are dry, the sand bass run doesn't look too good. See if you can book a boat trip with him.
Posted By: structure man(Guide on RC)

Re: DFW fishing Guides - 02/13/14 01:01 AM

If he wants to fish for largemouth bass I will be happy to take you guys to Richland Chambers,lake Fairfield or lake Athens. Check me out at www.bassaspecialty.biz.
Posted By: MickE

Re: DFW fishing Guides - 02/13/14 01:39 AM

I'll give a shout out for Luck 'O The Irish and Omar Cotter. I've taken my son with me (he's 16 now) twice and used Omar both times. The first time was at Lake Tawakoni and the second was Lake Grapevine. Both times were great, Omar certainly knows how to put you on the fish. I know Omar does a few others lakes as well include Lake Lewisville. You can find more information about him at http://luckotheirish.net/. Be sure to let him know I referred you. I'm probably going to be booking another trip with him this summer and wouldn't mind getting a discount if I can.

Have fun and enjoy the time with your son. They grow up fast and these trips make for great memories.
Posted By: robstal1

Re: DFW fishing Guides - 02/13/14 05:07 PM

Thanks Guys for the info! I am going to check them all out.
Posted By: HighTech Redneck

Re: DFW fishing Guides - 02/14/14 03:51 PM

grin
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum