Texas Fishing Forum

Gabbard Park in College Station

Posted By: fishing4tito

Gabbard Park in College Station - 07/06/13 02:11 AM

I heard this was a decent place to fish in College Station, anybody have any recent experience out there?
Posted By: Chuck7700

Re: Gabbard Park in College Station - 07/06/13 06:23 AM

?
Posted By: tlh3842

Re: Gabbard Park in College Station - 07/06/13 06:48 PM

I've heard you can catch a few panfish and catfish. Not really many bass.
Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Re: Gabbard Park in College Station - 07/08/13 02:02 AM

good place to fish.. not so good to catch wink overfished community lake...
Posted By: COKEMAN

Re: Gabbard Park in College Station - 07/08/13 03:10 PM

Keep in mind too that a couple of years ago with the drought, a lot of these ponds dried up or got real close to it. Not sure if they have been restocked or not.
Posted By: aquaholic1822

Re: Gabbard Park in College Station - 07/08/13 03:17 PM

small lures and wacky worm.....more bass in there than yall think
Posted By: herefishyfishy

Re: Gabbard Park in College Station - 07/09/13 07:24 PM

Don't mind giving this up since I graduated a decade ago, but Nantucket (south just a bit on 6) has a lake and it has some monsters! Offer to mow somebody's lawn out there in exchange for fishing privileges.
Posted By: tlh3842

Re: Gabbard Park in College Station - 07/10/13 02:36 AM

aquaholic,

I'll have to give it a try then sometime soon. And herefishy, its pretty known that Nantucket has some monsters. It doesn't however offer great fishing overall. Either way, I'd love to be able to fish there since it's so close to town.
Posted By: texcajun

Re: Gabbard Park in College Station - 07/10/13 03:05 AM

I got run out of there about a decade ago. Not before I caught and released a beaut on a Rapala Shad Rap.

Originally Posted By: herefishyfishy
Don't mind giving this up since I graduated a decade ago, but Nantucket (south just a bit on 6) has a lake and it has some monsters! Offer to mow somebody's lawn out there in exchange for fishing privileges.
Posted By: aquaholic1822

Re: Gabbard Park in College Station - 07/10/13 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: herefishyfishy

they will kick you out in a heart beat now.....my brother worked for a guy that lived in the neighborhood on the lake (his office was next to the lake also) and he wouldnt even let my brother fish it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum