Texas Fishing Forum

Vacation Time at Cedar Creek When Should I go?

Posted By: Marty

Vacation Time at Cedar Creek When Should I go? - 01/21/03 10:51 PM

Ok guys here's the question. I plan on taking a week off work and fishing Cedar Creek as the Mother in Law has a couple of lake houses there, I have fished the lake quite a few times but when should I take the week off? I fish for both Bass and Sand Bass. March or April and what week? Thanks for any help.
Marty
Posted By: tx_basser

Re: Vacation Time at Cedar Creek When Should I go? - 01/21/03 11:14 PM

I don't know what week, but March is a tuff month for Cedar Creek. With the rain, cold fronts, wind, etc... It can be a tuff haul. If I had to go in March it would be towards the end of the month, I think April is probably a more stable month for fishing conditions.
Posted By: Steve Bradbury

Re: Vacation Time at Cedar Creek When Should I go? - 01/21/03 11:55 PM

last april was good to me for sandbass and hybrids! sure bass will be good too, but not 100% on that as i do not fish for them there, but have caught a few on accident.

contact billy seaman, he guides there and would be able to tell you the best month, but my vote is april
BillySeaFish@msn.com

------------------

bradbury@texasfishingforum.com
Posted By: ERNEST PATY

Re: Vacation Time at Cedar Creek When Should I go? - 01/22/03 03:32 AM

MOST DEPENDABLE CHOICE WOULD BE APRIL. CONTACT ME AND MAYBE I CAN SHOW YOU AROUND FOR A FEW HOURS.

CRAPPIE, SANDBASS, HYBRIDS, LARGEMOUTHS, ALL SHOULD BE GOOD.

AND BEST OF ALL, NIGHT FISHING UNDER THE LIGHTS FOR HYBRIDS SHOULD BE RED HOT.

------------------

ERNEST

Re: Vacation Time at Cedar Creek When Should I go? - 01/22/03 10:45 PM

ERNEST there is always a spot open in my boat for a man of your wisdom and the help you give all of us! When I nail down the time slot you will be the first to know. I cant wait for warmer temps!
Marty
Posted By: Billy Seaman

Re: Vacation Time at Cedar Creek When Should I go? - 01/24/03 05:45 PM

APRIL!

------------------
Billy Seaman(guide Service)

Re: Vacation Time at Cedar Creek When Should I go? - 01/25/03 01:51 AM

OK here it is In think I will plan on going the week of April 13th thru the 19th. April 16th is a Wed. and thats a full moon and from what I have heard 3 days before and 3days after a full moon are supposed to be the best. Is this true? Now all I have to do is pray for good weather. Thanks all of you for your input.
Marty
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum