Texas Fishing Forum

Cleanest Lake in Texas?

Posted By: FWAggie16

Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 12:51 AM

Hey guys, I know there is all this pollution and stuff being in the lakes, but in y'alls mind, what is the cleanest lake in Texas? ( Just out of curiosity )

Posted By: RudyDep

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 01:07 AM

Amistad!!

Posted By: Stompy

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: RudyDep
Amistad!!

I would have to agree. It's at least the clearest lake I,ve ever seen.

Posted By: Falcon Native

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 01:28 AM

Amistad

Posted By: fishtexasbass

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 02:53 AM

My votes for Amistad also

Posted By: BMCD

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 03:43 PM

Clear does not equate to pollution free. I always heard the Rio was very polluted, raw sewage dumping and other activities.

Posted By: westtexgolfer

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 03:44 PM

Amistad

Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 03:55 PM

Well Elephant Butte upstream on the Rio Grande has plenty of mercury and such, I doubt it gets cleaner the longer it flows, but EB is pretty clear as lakes go.

Posted By: Manchu

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 03:58 PM

i could read the print on a beer can down 20 ft when the butte was at full pool. it's gotten murkier as the water has dropped

Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 03:59 PM

Lake canyon

Posted By: Fishin' Nut

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 04:05 PM

Alan Henry has the clearest water I've ever seen on a lake.

Posted By: Grasshopper (Frey1488)

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 04:50 PM

Joe Pool

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: karpbuster
Well Elephant Butte upstream on the Rio Grande has plenty of mercury and such, I doubt it gets cleaner the longer it flows, but EB is pretty clear as lakes go.

Further south you go on the Rio Grande there are not only Mercury, but a lot of Fords and Chevies, and Toyota's and a bunch of dead bodies, plus all the illegal chemicals and waste.

Other than that, it's not bad!

Posted By: jugmaster

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 05:15 PM

That is easy, Landa lake in New Braunfels. I would say any spring fed lake at that.

Posted By: Bassplastic

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 05:41 PM

Spring Lake in San Marcos!

I know...its small, and you can't fish it, but it's a lake, and it's in Texas...and it's probably cleaner than what comes out of my faucet at home.

Posted By: Bassplastic

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By: jugmaster
That is easy, Landa lake in New Braunfels. I would say any spring fed lake at that.

That's funny, I didn't read your post before I threw Spring Lake out there. The spring fed stuff down in the Hill Country is ridiculously clean water.

Posted By: TuN3R

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Bassplastic
Originally Posted By: jugmaster

That's funny, I didn't read your post before I threw Spring Lake out there. The spring fed stuff down in the Hill Country is ridiculously clean water.

Yup few lakes between San Antonio - Austin are really nice ! Clear visibility and well maintained area as well .

Posted By: 374 Trigger

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 08:14 PM

Before the huge amount of Mexican water that came dowm the Concho into Amistad I would argue it was cleaner than any in the state,E.Butt wasnt releaseing anything that wasnt deverted in Elpaso.The lake was really low and Goodenough Spring up around marker 21 and others really had the lake clean.Its starting back that way now.Even now it may be the cleanest.My 2cents.

Posted By: DaveRTX

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 08:28 PM

Not really sure about the following but this is what I found:

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/cleanest-lakes-beaches-texas-102128.htm

Posted By: karpbuster

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 10:17 PM

Back in the day we would back pack to lakes in the Mtns and you could find a spring feeding the lake, or they just have snow melt. Here is a clean lake in New Mexico.

Posted By: bobcatfisher

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/02/12 11:33 PM

easily spring lake in san marcos. i got to scuba dive there as a student. ive never seen so much visibility in a body of water before. 100ft of visability at least, not to mention sring fed means limestone filter when it sinking into the aquifer. the river coming out of those springs is actually cleaner than your tapwater. damn shame you cant fish in it but its probably a good thing, since its kinda like the san marcos river gets restocked with bass and such every time we get a hard rain and flood.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/03/12 12:28 AM

It does not get any clearer than than Spring Lake in San Marcos. That water is Crystal, Crystal, Clear. thumb

Posted By: WahooBob

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/03/12 04:29 PM

im with jug master

Posted By: jugmaster

Re: Cleanest Lake in Texas? - 05/04/12 12:06 AM

Spring lake in SM would be included. This is the only lake that I landed an American Eel.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum