Texas Fishing Forum

Electronic (trolling motor & depth finder) suggestions & buying help?

Posted By: captdavid

Electronic (trolling motor & depth finder) suggestions & buying help? - 02/22/12 05:12 PM

In about 4-5 months, I'll be buying A 20'-22' pontoon boat. It will be set up as a center console and used for fishing on Lake LBJ and Buchanon. I will have electric downriggers and will troll and jig for sandies, hybrids and stripers. Although I am not now, I plan on becoming a crappie and catfisherman. I have no desire to fish for black bass. I will buy what I need, but don't want to buy/spend more than I need to.

I am intersted in a depth finder with side scanning capabilities.
I also want atrolling motor with remote controll. I wouls also consider one with gps tracking if it is not too much more.
Which brand/models and size would you recommend and where would you buy them?
FWIW, I'll be living west of Austin. thanks, capt david

Posted By: fishing24-7

Re: Electronic (trolling motor & depth finder) suggestions & buying help? - 02/22/12 06:06 PM

Go with the 898 hb and a Minnkota power drive 2 can't go wrong
With those 2 all you do is find fish then electronic anchor on them and wear out their mouths no more messing with a foot pedal just press one button and forget about it

Posted By: Bassinfool

Re: Electronic (trolling motor & depth finder) suggestions & buying help? - 02/24/12 01:46 PM

Minn Kota and Lowrance, you cant beat them....

Posted By: Sandwich Maker

Re: Electronic (trolling motor & depth finder) suggestions & buying help? - 02/25/12 03:58 AM

For electronics, you can't beat David Goodson...shut-up-and-fish here on TFF. He can give you any advice on your needs and his prices are hard to beat.

Posted By: Bass Johnson

Re: Electronic (trolling motor & depth finder) suggestions & buying help? - 02/25/12 04:03 AM

I have an 898 I bought at universalmania.com and a terrova with I pilot...pretty great combo

Posted By: tbone 2374

Re: Electronic (trolling motor & depth finder) suggestions & buying help? - 02/27/12 10:59 AM

Lowrance HDS-10 and Structure Scan

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum