Texas Fishing Forum

Texas fishing app

Posted By: mdobs

Texas fishing app - 01/13/12 04:47 AM

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a few people to test drive a Texas fishing iPhone app. I think it's pretty cool but need some TFF input.

I built it to make finding and sharing fishing pictures very easy - while on the water, from the bank, on a gear run, wherever.

Reply below or PM me if you're interested.

Thanks, Matt

Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/13/12 03:25 PM

I would do it if it was for Droid

Posted By: Bass Johnson

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/13/12 03:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Ban-D
I would do it if it was for Droid

+1

Posted By: roundman5150

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/13/12 05:48 PM

i will test it

Posted By: Paparon

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/13/12 06:50 PM

Are you one of those foreign country hackers trying to get all my info my my cell phone???

Posted By: Bass Fishing Guru

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/13/12 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Paparon
Are you one of those foreign country hackers trying to get all my info my my cell phone???

lol, nice

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/14/12 01:56 AM

Definitely not a foreign country hacker smile Name is Matt Dobson, Texas Aggie, live in McKinney and I have no idea how to get all the information on your cell phone.

The purpose of the app is to be able to easily share pics from the water, and find pics from the water you're interested in. It's very easy and pretty cool if you ask me. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Here's a sample from another tester, posted on Sunday- foggy bass

Posted By: ChampionDon (SkeeterDon)

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/16/12 02:42 PM

got one for a droid?

Posted By: Daddyof2

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/17/12 03:55 PM

How do you search it? I will try it....but I am a Longhorn fan.

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/17/12 04:28 PM

Hey Guys,

Nothing yet for droid. Working with the iPhone first to get everything right.

Luke, I'll send you a PM about how to get access. The app is in private testing and not in the app store.

I wondered if I should say anything about being an Aggie smile

Matt

Posted By: tetratx

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/18/12 12:37 AM

Be proud to be Aggie. They are the pizza delivery guys in Texas!

Posted By: Falcon Native

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/18/12 12:41 AM

I have an I pad, if you send it to me I will give it s try.

Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/18/12 01:58 AM

I would give it a shot

Posted By: Big_Jake

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/18/12 04:02 AM

Matt- I have to upgrade my OS but I did get it. I'll let you know.

Guys this is all legit. I can't wait to try this.

Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/18/12 05:24 AM

I'll definitely try it. PM sent

Posted By: georgeth

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/18/12 05:38 AM

If it is available in Symbian, I would go for it.

Posted By: BASS-O-NATOR

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/18/12 09:01 PM

all in if it was for droid

Posted By: AdanV

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/18/12 09:18 PM

REVIEW:

For it just being in the BETA stages, Im already giving it 4/5.

I like this app mainly since its all folks here in Texas alone.

Its not as overly broad like the "Good Fish" app, so it cuts down on stuff that you normally dont need.

One suggestion, though Im not sure yet:
Maybe on the 'Edit Profile', you can be able to add brief bio about yourself along with any social website info (TFF, 2fish, the dreaded facebook).

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/20/12 08:35 PM

I just installed it and so far I like it a lot. I will post my feed back in here in a few days. I got to go fishing right now smile

Posted By: joho5

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/21/12 03:48 AM

droid here as well... smile

Posted By: Bob Y

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/21/12 03:25 PM

I'll try it out.... PM Sent..

Posted By: Slab_Rookie

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/21/12 05:43 PM

Just remember that if you don't disable the gps marking feature of your phone's camera, the exif information. Then everyone will be able to google map the exact location you took the photo.
Just saying... peep

If it works on the 3GS I'll give it a go!

Posted By: TexasCatfishCowboy

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/21/12 05:46 PM

Android user. frown

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/21/12 09:15 PM

Quote:
Just remember that if you don't disable the gps marking feature of your phone's camera, the exif information. Then everyone will be able to google map the exact location you took the photo.

Great point on EXIF data. This info is used only in the app to determine which body of water you are fishing, which helps others find your pic. The EXIF data is then DELETED from the image file before uploading.

You have control over everything you share, as you would expect and should be. Location privacy is very important to me. Location information beyond lake or bay name is not being shared, nor can it be found out through the app or shared images.

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/21/12 09:15 PM

I wanted to thank everyone who has offered to test, commented on this thread, or shared their opinion with me. The input has helped a lot and I appreciate it. Thanks!

Adan and Big Jake- thanks for the feedback and vote of support. Anyone else who has tried the app feel free to add to this thread, what you like or hate, it's all helpful.

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/22/12 04:17 AM

Ok here is what I think: First of all, I love it. Some thoughts.........
1) I wish you had an archive so I could save the ones I wanted and didn't have to sift through them all to show friends.
2) Is there a way to "Share" this pic and info and e-mail it to my buddies?
3) Anyway to allow people to add GPS coordinates? I know that not all people want to share this information, but some do. I do. I want to help anyone I can catch fish
4) It seems it needs better organization in that, if this gets really big, really fast, there isn't going to be a way to keep up. I wish it had the photos broken down by date
5) If there was a way to add a star system, and only the 5 star pics got added to the favorites, then everyone would know which ones everyone else liked.

Am I way off here and just not get this idea completely? Because that is completely possible.

Posted By: CasualHookup

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/31/12 05:56 PM

i'd advise going to a Responsive or Adaptive design, rather than having a device specific app.

Designing something that is used by hundreds of different devices / platforms is a huge task. Why go after android / iphone / tablet design type apps, when you can have a website design that transforms to the device it is being accessed from.

this website shows a lot of exmaples of what i'm talking about : http://mediaqueri.es/

have one website... that loads perfectly in all screensizes / platforms. Don't mess with Apps. They're a huge pain.

Posted By: YassirSanchez

Re: Texas fishing app - 01/31/12 10:07 PM

Originally Posted By: mdobs
Hey Guys,

Nothing yet for droid. Working with the iPhone first to get everything right.

Luke, I'll send you a PM about how to get access. The app is in private testing and not in the app store.

I wondered if I should say anything about being an Aggie smile

Matt

An aggy with a sense of humor?

Aggys

Posted By: Bassinfool

Re: Texas fishing app - 02/02/12 01:52 PM

So is this app up and running yet?

Re: Texas fishing app - 02/04/12 09:24 PM

CasualHookup - I think that's good advice, thank you. We're trying to follow Responsive design guidelines which should result in a user experience that is intuitive, fast responding, and most importantly - fun. We chose to develop an app because the phone and GPS are integrated, which makes it super easy to find and share great fishing pics.

Bassinfool - I appreciate your interest, thanks for that! The app will be available in time for fishing season. Right now we're improving the user interface, which was completely bare bones to start, and adding a couple cool features the beta team asked for.

If you want, I will send you an email (from your profile) as soon as it's ready.

Matt

Posted By: BassMan922

Re: Texas fishing app - 02/06/12 10:39 PM

I would like to try it!

Posted By: Ranger354JF

Re: Texas fishing app - 02/10/12 06:05 PM

Sounds good to me so far. I have an app on the phone called ifishearth I think. I have only looked at the falcon reports so far but there are others on there. I would like to try this one as well.

Jim

Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Texas fishing app - 02/12/12 06:06 PM

I would be interested on my iPhone.

Posted By: Justin74

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/17/12 03:24 PM

I'll try it
Posted By: bunker1965

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/17/12 04:04 PM

Ill try it out as well.
Posted By: AnglerChick

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/18/12 02:22 AM

Gig 'Em! I would be interested in trying it out. I'm always there for a fellow Ag! Whoop!!!

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/18/12 03:48 AM

Wow, this thread somehow reappeared from way, way back.

Justin74, bunker1965, AnglerChick - the app has been launched and is quite popular (if I do say so myself). You can download for free from the app store here - FishingScout

Would appreciate a review in the app store and if you let me know what you think in this thread.

Matt
Posted By: TheDuck

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/18/12 06:09 AM

Are Android users just SOL? >8)
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/18/12 09:25 AM

We are working on the android version and hope it's out ASAP. Be on the the lookout for Hunting Scout also guys and girls.
Posted By: Marine 2/3

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/19/12 04:48 AM

I will try it.
Posted By: CcnyvFish

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/21/12 02:46 AM

Originally Posted By: holt's dad
How do you search it? I will try it....but I am a Longhorn fan.

I will try it too. Go Longhorns!
Posted By: Crankalot

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/21/12 09:25 PM

Droid, Droid, Droid!
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/22/12 03:44 PM

If you have an iPhone you can type in FishingScout in App Store or click on website in my signature and access App Store from there. And yes go longhorns. Haha I'm the outcast longhorn
Posted By: RudyDep

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/22/12 04:03 PM

I was a tester on this app...its awsome...i have an android phone now...NOT HAPPY!!
Posted By: RO519

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/23/12 04:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Paparon
haha too funny
Posted By: Ride-or-Fish ®

Re: Texas fishing app - 10/23/12 08:35 PM

I just recently signed up and got the app.. I dig it. pretty cool.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum