Texas Fishing Forum

I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach

Posted By: Bass Buster I

I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 03:09 AM

my so called uncle went to amistad last weekend
and to my dismay caught a 10+ and his son caught a 8 + was there 2 biggest fishes
then there were the 3s anr 4 and 5 lbers.

then they sent the pictures of them cleaning them.
this was the saddest thing i could imagine
them cleaning the fish gutting them nad just racking the eggs in the trash, like it was nothing.

had little over 30 bass and cleaned everyone one of them.

Folks this is like someone just kicked me in the gut and might as well left me for dead.
makes me so sick i just dont care to go fishing any more

i will apologize for this behavoir
Posted By: chuck44l

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 03:21 AM

I think i would have threw the 8 and the 10 pounders back as i try to c&r all big fish no matter what the species unless they look like they won't make it. But i guess thats not any different or worse then sweeping some nice crappie or white bass eggs in the trash. But each to their own as long as they did it legal.
Posted By: Brandon A

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 04:36 AM

i think it is very sad that it makes u sick... when i read stuff like this, it makes me want to go out and keep more bass out of spite....

People do that with bass from that lake all the time... and guess what, they keep on producing ten pounders.
Posted By: Mrs. fouzman

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 11:18 AM

I think what pizzes him off is people going to a trophy lake to catch a trophy fish just to kill it and send him pics!
Posted By: Mark Knuckols

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 11:31 AM

I got news for ya. Without people like him keeping some of those big bass, there would b no trophy lake. It amazes me how some people can't understand that.
Posted By: tgravley aka lewisvillecatfish

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 12:29 PM

theres is nothing wrong with keeping and eating any kind of fish. its called management!!
Posted By: byodoc

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 01:59 PM

As long as it's legal it's a personal thing. For me I keep the 1.5 to 2.5 lb fish and let the bigger ones go, little ones easier to clean and taste better....jmho flag
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 02:02 PM

ouch. they should know that the 1-3 pounders taste the best. big fish are old and the meat isnt as good, and it's tough.

back in the old days it was not uncommon for folks to weigh in 10 fish on a stringer, then fillet them for thier freezer.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 02:04 PM

i feel the exact same way about trophy animal hunters. I see no reason to kill anything just for bragging rights and a wall mount. dad taught me to eat what I kill, even if it is a blackbird... thats why i prefer to hunt for a big ol doe, and care less about a big ol musky buck with 100 points.
Posted By: Alec Castonguay

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 02:28 PM

I could never kill a bass. Especially one filled with eggs!!! I can't stand it when I see people catching bass and putting them on stringers!! I would of gotten sick to my stomach too. As I understand the feeling when you see a bass being cleaned.
Posted By: tech

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 02:37 PM

PETA thread! LOL
Posted By: BMCD

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 02:44 PM

Been happening on Falcon and Amistad for a long time, why are these two premier trophy lakes? Might have found your answer.
Posted By: mad mike

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 02:46 PM

Tritonious is right. You have to take fish once in a while. Catch and release works in some lakes but they still have to be harvested sometimes. Too bad about the row. I love to fry that up in garlic and butter.
Posted By: Fishbreeder

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 02:54 PM

Difficult for me to blame the fisherman if it was legal. If the TP&WD wants to protect trophies then they need to make a regulation to that effect. If fishermen are not happy with the current regs they should let TP%WD know that.

The private fisheries I manage all have "maximum length" limits (mostly smaller fish are harvested for eating) based on population surveys. Many of these lakes have special limits during the spring, allowing for the harvest of all male bass under 16" and return of all females no matter the size. The problem with such an approach in public fisheries is that the user groups are not as easily educated and may not have the same vested interests as with private fisheries. "Trophy" class fish are measured and released for future spawning and fishing.

I ate some bass fillets from one of my fisheries last night for the first time in years, soaked in milk, coated in Tony Chachere's and blackened in a skillet, they were superb.
Posted By: Wafflejaw

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 03:24 PM

So two guys caught 30 bass and cleaned all of them?
Am I missing something?
Posted By: 2Fish4everything

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 03:26 PM

If it was within the law it's really non of our business. I'd be pretty disappointed if my nephew tried to throw me under the bus on a fishing site for eating a legal sized fish though. JMO
Posted By: BUNDA

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 03:28 PM

They taste really good and some people fish to put food on the table! LEGAL
Posted By: CanadiYak

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 03:31 PM

Props to you for even telling us.It wasn't you that did it, they paid for their licenses so they can do what they want.I believe in CPR on bigger fish but that's what I like to do.Take a break and go catch one and post the photo on here good luck.
Posted By: dafiedla

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 03:47 PM

To those that believe you should keep trophy fish to "help" the lake, you're wrong. It's definitely your right to keep the fish but it doesn't help manage trophy fish it just removes them from the lake. If you are going to keep fish, try pulling smaller more aggressive fish out of the lake. These fish are more ravenous eaters and by removing them you leave more food for the sweet old hogs.
Posted By: spro

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Fish4everything
If it was within the law it's really non of our business. I'd be pretty disappointed if my nephew tried to throw me under the bus on a fishing site for eating a legal sized fish though. JMO

thumb
Posted By: USA-1

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 04:38 PM

There his fish to do as he wishes. It doesnt bother me if a person decided to eat an 18 pounder or bigger. Sometimes we take catch and release a bit too serious. Good for a lake to give up some fish to go the dinner table.
Posted By: texcajun

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 04:42 PM

Originally Posted By: 2Fish4everything

x2

Think about all of the money that get's spent on this habit called "fishing". If someone legally takes a fish after spending all that dough, then I say eat all you want! I practice a ton of catch and release, but if I feel like eating, they go under the knife! Couple years ago I helped a buddy decimate the bass population in an overcrowded pond, brother let me tell you, dem fish were deeeeeeelicious!
Posted By: Lucky Al

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 04:43 PM

We already know that it's legal but it's stupid. Anyway, bass this size, taste like kaca.
Posted By: crappie-mark

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 04:44 PM

only fish i keep to clean are crappie and sandies. haven't eaten lmb in a long time, but i usually just catch and release them if i catch them now(personal preference). if they want to eat them, its their business as long as its within regulation. IMHO, you wanted to start controversy with that post...
Posted By: gotreal formerly known as getreal

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 04:50 PM

they all eat
Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 05:11 PM

not what i would do, or most, but he caught 'em legal they are his & he can do with them as he chooses
Posted By: Brandon A

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 05:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Lucky Al
We already know that it's legal but it's stupid. Anyway, bass this size, taste like kaca.

big bass DO NOT taste like kaca... u just dont know what you are doing....

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 06:04 PM

This lake has had for many years many trophy bass taken from the lake, that's if you consider greater then 6lbs a trophy. Why is it this lake still produces big bags?
Posted By: BUNDA

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 06:16 PM

Think about all the bass that are netted on the Mexico side!
Posted By: MuskogeeMac

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 06:41 PM

Bass are just as good as crappie. I'll keep and clean five every time I go.
Posted By: austin_asu

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 06:58 PM

1) Bass are NOT as good as crappie. 2) If everyone kept and cleaned 5 EVERY time they went, where would that leave us?
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 06:59 PM

Originally Posted By: austin_asu
1) Bass are NOT as good as crappie. 2) If everyone kept and cleaned 5 EVERY time they went, where would that leave us?

With big fat bellies and smiles on our faces?
Posted By: Drpeede

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 07:08 PM

Why are there still crappie, sandbass and catfish in the lakes with 25 being kept at a time. It does not make since and you may believe it, but you are not right all the dang time

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 07:35 PM

A few years ago I deep hooked an 8.4# bass. She bled a lot so I kept her. She tasted just as good as a small one.
Posted By: bholladay

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 08:03 PM

This is getting pretty good. popcorn2

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 08:13 PM

Here's to the bull that roams the woods, makes the cows feel all good, if wasn't for him and his mighty rod,where would we be for beef, by God.
Posted By: dafanman

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 08:16 PM

rolfmao rolfmao rolfmao

There is so much I want to say......

Is this an April fools thing???

Laterz,
dafanman cool
Posted By: jeepthing

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 08:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Wafflejaw
Am I missing something?

That's what I was thinking too.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 08:46 PM

I find it interesting when "bass fishermen" berate others for keeping a fish. I see the "bass fishermen" pounding the lakes everyday all spring. They're either fishing a tournament or pre-fishing for a tournament. Boat after boat works the same water daily, catching and releasing or putting the fish in the live well to weigh-in. Do you really think that female who got hooked 10 times in one week and hauled 5 miles to the weigh in site is gona have a successful spawn? If people were as worried about the bass as they say they are, they wouldn't have tournaments in March and April.

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 08:53 PM

And we all know how bad fishing is since we have had 20-30 years of tournament fishing in March and April.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 09:34 PM

Precisely my point, cause we all know how bad bass fishing is since a few people keep bass. So if neither event is affecting the fish, then let's just go fishing.
Posted By: Big_Jake

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/01/11 09:40 PM

Some one told me that statistics one time, and I forget, but it was a really high % of bass that actually die after they have been caught and released. Not right away, but within 24 hours.
Posted By: jnd59

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 03:46 AM

This post is why I quit bass fishing. The thought that a person keeps some fish and is therefore akin to a child molester(sp?). I'm not convinced that catch and release doesn't cause as much damage because you don't quit fishing when you reach a limit. Having said that I wouldn't personally keep the bigger fish, mostly because I like how the the smaller fish fry up. It's ok to practice catch and release and in many instances makes sense, just don't elevate it to the level of a religious tenet.

Modern management is based on some people keeping a limit and some people not keeping any and the mortality of that action. It seems to be working well on most lakes. I don't want to feel like a convicted felon if I leave the boat ramp with a few bass.
April fools joke or not.
Posted By: Kat-man-do

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 03:54 AM

It's not a high fenced lake, so anything goes.
Posted By: BrokeBass76

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 04:58 AM

Originally Posted By: dafiedla
To those that believe you should keep trophy fish to "help" the lake, you're wrong. It's definitely your right to keep the fish but it doesn't help manage trophy fish it just removes them from the lake. If you are going to keep fish, try pulling smaller more aggressive fish out of the lake. These fish are more ravenous eaters and by removing them you leave more food for the sweet old hogs.

thumb +1 Keeping alot of the smaller ones would help the bigger ones out tremendously but I for don't hold a grudge against anyone legally keeping what they catch.. It's their choice & their right.. Different strokes for different folks..
Posted By: Jeff_W

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 11:54 AM

Reading all these post gives me tired head! If a person wants to keep large fish that is legal , that is there business! Too many people worry about silly things like this and dont look at the big picture.
Posted By: Gonecatching

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 01:44 PM

Guys its all good bass have been caught and eaten for years, they keep coming back with bigger ones caught every year just be glad every one doesn't do it then we have a problem but if it's legal then just move on and let one in a thousand be happy, AND BESIDES THAT'S ONLY THE ONE YOU KNOW ABOUT????????
Posted By: roadtrip

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 01:59 PM

Bass are people too!!
Posted By: snmcc

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 02:58 PM

What interest me is how "big bass taste bad"? How does everyone know this. I know a 5lber tastes great, but that is as far as I can go. Crappie are pulled out 25 per person...5 bass each is not going to hurt anything. It is not like they are shock fishing.

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 05:02 PM

Posted By: MBradford

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 05:46 PM

Posted By: jediangler

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 07:18 PM

I don't see anything wrong with keeping a big fish out of a lake, but I will be personally offended if someone takes a big lmb out of the pond that I fish a couple of times a week.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 07:29 PM

Amistad is 60 something thousand acres, I think the rest of the fish will survive with a few being taken out. But I see what your saying.
Posted By: Allen M

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/02/11 08:12 PM

They need too be drugg through a catus patch, Naked....LOL
Posted By: bassinking

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/03/11 05:16 AM

I fish Amistad pretty often and we dont ever keep a big female full of eggs but we do keep enough small ones to have a fish fry while we are there.On another note I have 2 uncles that have been going to a lake in old Mexico every year for over 20 years and there is usally 6 guys that go for 5-7 days and they always bring home 200 to 300 lbs of fillets every year and when they go back the next year the lake is still plum full of bass and I am talking 2-5 lb bass and sometimes a 7 or 8 lber and there is no telling how many the locals take out from all the gill nets. I know because I have been on that trip 2 times and you get a raw thumb from lipping fish you catch so many.So I really dont think you can ever ruin the poulation of bass in a lake the size of Amistad Just my .02
Posted By: Bass Junkie

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/03/11 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By: jediangler
I don't see anything wrong with keeping a big fish out of a lake, but I will be personally offended if someone takes a big lmb out of the pond that I fish a couple of times a week.

+1 especially since ours is only catch and release.
Posted By: Jake B.

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/03/11 06:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass Buster I
my so called uncle went to amistad last weekend
and to my dismay caught a 10+ and his son caught a 8 + was there 2 biggest fishes
then there were the 3s anr 4 and 5 lbers.

then they sent the pictures of them cleaning them.
this was the saddest thing i could imagine
them cleaning the fish gutting them nad just racking the eggs in the trash, like it was nothing.

had little over 30 bass and cleaned everyone one of them.

Folks this is like someone just kicked me in the gut and might as well left me for dead.
makes me so sick i just dont care to go fishing any more

i will apologize for this behavoir

If that's the only thing that gets you worked up in life, consider yourself blessed!.
Posted By: Don Collum

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/03/11 03:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
I find it interesting when "bass fishermen" berate others for keeping a fish. I see the "bass fishermen" pounding the lakes everyday all spring. They're either fishing a tournament or pre-fishing for a tournament. Boat after boat works the same water daily, catching and releasing or putting the fish in the live well to weigh-in. Do you really think that female who got hooked 10 times in one week and hauled 5 miles to the weigh in site is gona have a successful spawn? If people were as worried about the bass as they say they are, they wouldn't have tournaments in March and April.
Well said for all species of fish!
Posted By: rbadley

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/03/11 03:27 PM

As long as its done legally, its a persons right to chose what they do with the fish. Its not your right to tell someone else they are wrong or unethical or anything else if they do it within the means of the law. To each their own! I personally would of released the big ones but thats my choice/opinion as what they did was theirs.
Posted By: Dognot

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/03/11 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: bassinking
I fish Amistad pretty often and we dont ever keep a big female full of eggs but we do keep enough small ones to have a fish fry while we are there.On another note I have 2 uncles that have been going to a lake in old Mexico every year for over 20 years and there is usally 6 guys that go for 5-7 days and they always bring home 200 to 300 lbs of fillets every year and when they go back the next year the lake is still plum full of bass and I am talking 2-5 lb bass and sometimes a 7 or 8 lber and there is no telling how many the locals take out from all the gill nets. I know because I have been on that trip 2 times and you get a raw thumb from lipping fish you catch so many.So I really dont think you can ever ruin the poulation of bass in a lake the size of Amistad Just my .02
Yes that is true Bassingking but do they allow any fishing during the spawn months? If I remember right I was told that they didnot.just my .02
Posted By: pescadore

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/03/11 04:46 PM

The whole idea of all bass being released is ridiculous in my opinion. I have no problem with people that purchase a license keeping the legal limit of legal fish and doing whatever they choose to do with them. The laws are in place to prevent our lakes from being fished out. To set yourself on a pedestal and look down your nose at people that are obeying the laws that are in place is just wrong. If you want to be upset, be upset at the people that do not obey the law and keep more than their legal limit or do not have a license to fish. I personally eat what I catch on most occasions but I always obey the laws. If you don't like the laws, try to get them changed instead of judging others.
Posted By: Starless

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/03/11 07:01 PM

Now you know exactly how I Feel any time someone kills a trophy fish of any size. Be it a 10lb bass, a 30lb common carp, a 70lb blue, a 150lb alligator gar, a 5lb smallmouth bass, etc lol.

Now, if people are eating them, thats not too bad. That's one thing, but if they're wasting a trophy that's even worse.

Now, that said? The 10lb is definitely a fish that shoulda got released. But the 3-5lbers...eh, if he wants to eat them, he wants to eat them.

There are plenty of bass in the lake, and harvesting a legal limit of legal fish is just fine.
Posted By: Ox190

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/03/11 09:01 PM

You guys crack me up, bass are delicious.
Posted By: PHFH

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/03/11 10:07 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Bankside Bartman

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 01:40 AM

LMAO I think he deserves naked backwards cornfield skiing.
Posted By: bassinking

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Dognot
Originally Posted By: bassinking
Yes that is true Bassingking but do they allow any fishing during the spawn months? If I remember right I was told that they didnot.just my .02

You can fish there any time you want
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 02:03 AM

you can pick your nose, but ya can't pick your relatives,..move on...
Posted By: dbzell

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 03:06 PM

You can crack your knuckle too, but never...EVER...knuckle your crack!
Posted By: lite-liner

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 03:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Bankside Bartman
LMAO I think he deserves naked backwards cornfield skiing.

thanks for the visual........

eeks
Posted By: Lazy L

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 07:40 PM

Yea I spend all this time and money to go fishing, then throw what I catch back? F that unless it's undersized. Now I would prefer a limit of cats or crappie but hey sometimes bass find the cooler instead.

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 07:44 PM

But never a true trophy. We as a group should consider what treasures they are. keep some small ones to eat (legal size of course) but darn-it-all throw the trophies back so maybe they can be caught again and again.
Posted By: Bernard

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 09:00 PM

Every year, in either September or October, the San Antonio Metropolitan League of Bass Clubs holds their city tournament. It's usually on Amistad, but occasionally on Falcon. About 12 to 15 bass clubs participate with usually over 300 total fishermen. Back in the 1970s and 1980s (before catch and release became the politically correct thing to do), we would pool all the bass caught on Saturday and after the Saturday weigh-in we'd have the darnedest fish fry you ever saw. Maybe over a thousand pounds of bass in the cookers. Great fun. If someone had a big one that he wanted to mount, he could keep it. Otherwise, it went on the pile, regardless of size. Boy, we really decimated the bass population in that lake didn't we. Can you even catch a bass out of that lake nowadays?
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 09:17 PM

what a weirdo man i dont understand. theres a difference between keepin a double digit and just a couple pounders for food. peta official

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Bernard
Every year, in either September or October, the San Antonio Metropolitan League of Bass Clubs holds their city tournament. It's usually on Amistad, but occasionally on Falcon. About 12 to 15 bass clubs participate with usually over 300 total fishermen. Back in the 1970s and 1980s (before catch and release became the politically correct thing to do), we would pool all the bass caught on Saturday and after the Saturday weigh-in we'd have the darnedest fish fry you ever saw. Maybe over a thousand pounds of bass in the cookers. Great fun. If someone had a big one that he wanted to mount, he could keep it. Otherwise, it went on the pile, regardless of size. Boy, we really decimated the bass population in that lake didn't we. Can you even catch a bass out of that lake nowadays?

Yep, I mentioned something similiar to that earlier in the thread. People have become overboard on the whole conservation movement, I wonder how deer, doves, ducks, quail and all the other wildlife manage to replenish themselves every year. I'm just glad I hate the taste of fish because these kinds of topics make me want to make a bunch of fish huggers mad.
Does anybody know how long a 10lb bass lives? Maybe we should eat all the big ones and save the little ones so they can grow bigger.

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 10:54 PM

When did we start catching double digit bass on a regular basis in our Texas waters? After catch and release. The results show through our taxes paid to restock after your fry'ing up thousands of bass excesses. That is why there are bass there now, not because you ate them all. With age comes wisdom, but when does common sense come into play?
Posted By: David Cole

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/04/11 11:21 PM

Maybe they need a Fork like slot mechanism? It would eliminate great numbers of larger fish being cleaned.
Posted By: perk

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/05/11 12:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Wafflejaw
Am I missing something?

that had me thinking too. with a 5 fish limit by law how can 2 people keep n clean 30 bass?????????
Posted By: TFFer

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/05/11 12:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Bankside Bartman
That is why there are bass there now, not because you ate them all.

rolfmao
Posted By: tallnhairy

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/05/11 01:14 AM

I think I'll start letting all of the 150+ deer walk and only shoot yearlings. IMO, if any fish is stupid enough to hit with my amateur presentation then he\she deserves to be eaten. I'm like Steve Urkel with a rod and reel but I still catch fish (got a very nice 2 lb. 14" white crappie out of Ft. Phantom on Sat. and can't wait to bread and fry his dumb arse!

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/05/11 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: tallnhairy
I think I'll start letting all of the 150+ deer walk and only shoot yearlings. IMO, if any fish is stupid enough to hit with my amateur presentation then he\she deserves to be eaten. I'm like Steve Urkel with a rod and reel but I still catch fish (got a very nice 2 lb. 14" white crappie out of Ft. Phantom on Sat. and can't wait to bread and fry his dumb arse!

rolfmao
Posted By: dbzell

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/05/11 03:17 AM

I say we get all the fish huggers, tree huggers, deer huggers, wild pig huggers, and other liberal nuts in the same room and find out how many of them eat fish, write on paper, wish they weren't scared of totaling their car on a dark country road, and eat bacon. Get over it!!!
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/05/11 03:41 AM

I presume that the guys filleted those bass to eat, right? The fillets weren't being tossed in the trash? So long as they aren't wasting the fish and they're within legal limits, no problem.

Sometimes you catch & release, sometimes you want fresh fish for dinner.

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/05/11 02:55 PM

bottom line - if you want to keep your limit and everything is legal, then do it no matter how big or small they are. If you want to release them, do it, but don't look down on people that do things different than you.

Re: I will Apologize and im sick at my stomach - 04/05/11 03:44 PM

Why not post the whole quote not just part of it with a laugh? Seriously isn't that trolling?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum