Texas Fishing Forum

New Law ?

Posted By: SCOOTER

New Law ? - 08/06/03 07:34 PM

Has anybody heard of a new law about tying under freshwater bridges? I've called the TPWD and they said they know of no new law.Try'd the Corp of Engin. and could not get info. on new law just got told why I should not tie up due to 911 events, tried Coast Guard but couldn't get answer.
Posted By: Hawke

Re: New Law ? - 08/06/03 08:32 PM

this question was asked before and I believe the response was there was no law to that effect.

Hawke
Posted By: petro

Re: New Law ? - 08/06/03 10:45 PM

No law.
Posted By: ksutton

Re: New Law ? - 08/07/03 07:02 AM

There is a law to that affect but it does not apply to anything in Texas that I am aware of. It is part of the anti-terrorism package. The only place I know for sure it is in affect regarding freshwater is rivers with heavy commerce (ie: grain & coal barges). The 2 I know of are the Mississppi and Missouri rivers. And I am not sure it is still in affect there. Seems like it may have had something to do with "Level Orange".

I think it also affects the saltwater areas around the bridges in the Florida Keys, the bridges connecting New York City, the Golden Gate, etc.. It should cover the bridges going to the barrier islands in south Texas. Not sure about that though. If TPWD doesn't know about it, probably not.
Posted By: SCOOTER

Re: New Law ? - 08/07/03 12:24 PM

Thanks for the info.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum