Texas Fishing Forum

Smithers Lake

Posted By: Peytonator

Smithers Lake - 06/04/10 05:46 AM

Does ANYONE know how to get down to it to fish?!? If it's even possible! I found it on a map earlier this week and even this site that has info on it http://www.fishingnotes.com/lakeinfo.php?id=29979 and it looked like a sizeable fishing lake so I drive down there but can't find a single way to get to it! Every dang road I found that looked like it would lead down to the bank turned out to be an entrance road to the power plant bang So after about an hour of driving around the plant trying to get to the lake I decide to go to Brazos Bend State Park for a bit since I haven't been there in ages. Wasn't planning on fishing there cuz of all the gators and boy was that a good idea. They were everywhere! The 3 fishing docks I walked on to scope out all had gators around them and on the bank by the path where you walk up to the pier. It was even scarier being alone and with no one else around bolt But anyways, anyone know how to get down to Smithers Lake? Any info is appreciated.
Posted By: Space

Re: Smithers Lake - 06/04/10 02:16 PM

No fishing allowed on Smithers Lake.
http://www.fishingworks.com/lakes/texas/fort-bend/smithers-lake/smithers-lake/#fc
Posted By: waitinforabite

Re: Smithers Lake - 06/04/10 03:58 PM

I used to fish that lake in the early 90's. I would go out to thompson tx, park my car and run down the levee on to the rocks and cast out. That lake is full of 2 things:

1. Big hungry fish
2. Big hungry alligators

This was pre 911 and even then they would patrol and evict. You had to be real sneaky. I was 16 then and didn't ever follow the rules. I brought home some heavy stringers but beware of gators and snakes. Oh and I also heard stories about a cat -woman that roamed around out there.
Posted By: Peytonator

Re: Smithers Lake - 06/04/10 04:09 PM

Oh I didn't know fishing wasn't allowed, guess I won't be worrying about trying to get to it anymore thumb Thanks for the info.
Posted By: KawikaX

Re: Smithers Lake - 08/16/17 03:08 PM

What's the story about the cat woman that I've been hearing about?
Posted By: Indianation65

Re: Smithers Lake - 08/16/17 07:17 PM

Big fish
Big gators
Hot woman in a cat suit!

All this topic did was make me want to go there!

Addendum: I added the "hot woman" part!

...------
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum