Texas Fishing Forum

Trout Stocking Schedule Posted!

Posted By: 08aggie

Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/17/09 04:39 PM

The trout stocking schedule for 2009-2010 has been posted today. It's time to dust off the ultralight equipment and practice my fly casting again.

TPWD Trout Stocking Schedule
Posted By: HerbC

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/17/09 04:59 PM

Thanks for the information. I will be there with my grandson fishing for trout!
Posted By: snmcc

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/18/09 01:12 AM

Looks like I am driving to possumkingdom trail races. What do the stockies like anyway?
Posted By: fishybiz

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/18/09 06:17 AM

Bummer no Bob Jones Park(Southlake)anymore for the bi-weekly stocking.
Posted By: sdf3825

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/18/09 01:00 PM

It looks like Lubbock is being left out for the second year in a row. Nice, they go up on the license fee, then reduce the stockings. I won't be renewing next year, and regret doing it for '09.
Posted By: fishman

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/19/09 12:48 AM

For those around the San Antonio area and the Gualalupe River we are fully stocked with trout bait. We carry every trout bait
and trout worm that Berkley manufacturers you can come by our store Fishermans Corner at Canyon Lake or order online at www.texasbasstackle.com
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/19/09 02:15 AM

Originally Posted By: sdf3825
It looks like Lubbock is being left out for the second year in a row. Nice, they go up on the license fee, then reduce the stockings. I won't be renewing next year, and regret doing it for '09.

Sounds like you are saying you are giving up buying a fishing license because you won't be able to fish hatchery trout around Lubbock?
You don't need a trout stamp in most of the places trout are being stocked.
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/19/09 03:16 AM

Get you some of those Bows while they are hot, I mean cold.
Posted By: John L

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/19/09 03:26 AM

Looks like they cut back alot.
Posted By: parttime

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/20/09 10:47 AM

I might just have to do some trout fishing this year. Grew up stream fishing trout in Northern New Mexico.
Posted By: Radtexan

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/20/09 02:07 PM

Originally Posted By: sdf3825

Noticed that also...I emailed TPWD last year and all they told me there was not enough people fishing for them to warrant stocking realmad
Posted By: panhandle squeezer

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/20/09 04:53 PM

Trout stocking in Lubbock has been a partnership with TPWD where the city purchased the majority of trout that were stocked. The city has removed the line item for trout from their budget and will not be participating in the program. The remaining available trout allocation was not enough to warrant stocking so they were reallocated to other areas.
Posted By: bigfishdaddy5353

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/21/09 03:37 AM

I can't wait for trout fishing. I'm new to the area and got to find some good spots. Anybody know of some places around Wichita Falls?
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/21/09 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: bigfishdaddy5353
I can't wait for trout fishing. I'm new to the area and got to find some good spots. Anybody know of some places around Wichita Falls?

Plum Lake* Wichita Falls 4,856 2-Dec-09 and continuing every two weeks until early March

Plum Lake: Northeast side of Wichita Falls (softball complex).
Posted By: El Fisherboy

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/21/09 05:16 AM

I don't think that they have up'd the trout fee...it's still 5 bucks...has been that for a while...I am sorry that they left you out...I live a ways from the nearest stocked pond myself, so I kind of know what your going through.
Posted By: bigfishdaddy5353

Re: Trout Stocking Schedule Posted! - 11/22/09 03:06 PM

Thanks Rockwall...wish me luck. I'll be out there most weekends at Plum Lake!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum